oceans and full moons
[html]

Even with Rurik's little illustration, Attila wasn't any closer to identifying the AniWayan he spoke of--but still, the Aston boy practiced his skill at legitimate-looking simpers and nodded along, grinning his teeth, smiling his eyes. He was well aware he had plenty to catch up on now that he'd returned, but Attila was in no rush to do so--as far as he was concerned, he would meet the faces he came by and learn names of those who might have importance later. The second this Nayati was referred to as male, however, Attila lost a considerable amount of interest, but he knew best than to say that aloud. "Hahaha, is that what it is? I could have sworn sh-- he had green eyes." A little, playful chuckle and a broad grin that only widened at the Russian's toast.

They reached the edge of the river soon enough, and since Attila couldn't remember much of anywhere else in AniWaya nearby, he plopped himself there on its edge. Rurik spoke of the ocean and his land of birth far away; Attila had seen enough of the world as it was, but he preferred to see other things more than nature, and those things didn't require incredible feats of distance to cover, thankfully. The Aston boy tried to repeat the name of his home, but only stumbled when trying to pronounce it without the Russian's convenient accent, and grinned a sheepish smile as he instead took a swig from the bottle offered to him earlier. "Born here, bred here. That fire was before my time, but I've heard plenty about it. I don't really care that it happened; there's the possibility I wouldn't be here if it hadn't, I guess." He didn't know, really, but anything was possible. Had his parents met because of that fire, or because they'd been dislocated? Would they have met otherwise? Hell, he didn't even know who his father was, and Attila made a mental note to question his mother on that later.

He gulped another mouthful of vodka and handed the bottle back, continuing. "I just got back last week to this place. Went down south to the states a while, but that's about the furthest I've gone. Not much to look at down there--nature-wise, I mean--so don't bother going that way if you want to sight-see."

It was just that moment when Markku made his appearance, flickering past in the air briefly before catching a budding branch in a neighboring tree. "Who is this? Are you drinking with a complete stranger?!" the owl accused almost instantly and, with Attila forgetting that Rurik might not have been able to hear their conversation, the owl and Aston began arguing back and forth.

<style type="text/css">
.attilamountains b {font-weight:bold; color:#f8fbfe; letter-spacing:1px;}
.attilamountainsooctext {color:#f8fbfe; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.attilamountains m {color:#D8B5A9; letter-spacing:1px;}
.attilamountains p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.attilamountains {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#227BE6; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntains.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#cadff9; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread