i am sand
[html]

I haven't roleplayed something like this since Maluki was a pup. ;-;

Clamping his teeth shut, the poor Aston boy regretted his words almost immediately. Regardless of whether she was kidding with him, Attila had grown used to scoldings and accusations of being thoughtless and thus his reaction was always the same: averted eyes, flattened ears, and a long, thick pout as if he'd become a child all over again. At her words, her son feebly pushed and straightened the bandana across his forehead in an attempt to detach himself, but it was no use. Damn that owl, always getting him in trouble one way or another--and as if summoned, Markku seemed to appear straight out of thin air, hanging over them with typical wide eyes in the budding branches above. Attila glanced up at him, briefly distracted, before she gave him a swat and a reassuring smile. He returned it, though his brows remained furrowed and mildly apologetic.

"If I promise to stay this time, will you let it go? I missed you too." he was kidding, of course, and spoke through a shallow smile. The Aston boy chuckled briefly, glanced his iced eyes at the barn owl again, and remembered just how much had changed since he'd last spoken with her. His eyes drooped and his smile faded slowly, turning his eyes next to the pole in his hands and pausing long before he spoke again.

Attila pushed a curl from his eyes. "My owl... died, mom," he said finally, gaze stiff. After a moment, he shrugged his shoulders; its memory still lived fresh in his mind, and knowing that its death was as much his fault as the accidental tumble from a roof and subsequent broken wing when Attila had first stumbled on the poor chick. While he was grateful that Markku had changed form as if to keep the owl's memory alive, the Aston boy couldn't help but remember the loss each time he glanced at his spirit guide. Wounds were healing with time, but that wouldn't bring the owl back. "I didn't mean for it to happen--there was a fox... Markku changed and took on its body, I guess." He motioned briefly up at the owl in the tree, who peered down at them but felt it necessary to remain silent considering the subject matter.

<style type="text/css">
.attilamountains b {font-weight:bold; color:#f8fbfe; letter-spacing:1px;}
.attilamountainsooctext {color:#f8fbfe; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.attilamountains p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.attilamountains {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#227BE6; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntains.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#cadff9; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread