i am sand
[html]

The boy's ears flattened as she began, speaking of ghosts and beckoning death. Her son's iced eyes narrowed, clouded with questions and mild frustration; was she admitting to seeing spirits of the dead? He bit his tongue. That shouldn't have seemed as strange as it did to him, considering he himself was chased by a snide barn owl only he could hear. Typically, he might have followed in his aunt's footsteps and grown skeptical of all that spiritual nonsense, but the fact that he'd actually stumbled upon what appeared to be his own personal spirit guide (and not a case of schizophrenia) told him he needed to believe.

But ghosts? That didn't seem possible. His mother didn't even had a spirit guide, as far as he knew. Was she even capable? Her son had found his way even before she, and he was not nearly the spiritual creature she was. Attila didn't deserve the kindness the spirits brought him like his mother did. "You saw ghosts?" he grimaced, glowing skepticism in his cool, thinned eyes. She rattled off a number of names of relatives he should have cared about, but didn't. He recognized Ember Phoenix, of course, though their interactions had been limited and he knew little of her.

It was the last of her words he believed most, and the rudeness in his eyes lifted immediately. They did not fill with compassion nor sympathy, but a complete emptiness instead--he was a product of a night lacking love, and he had raised himself in the same fashion. How many women had he loved, but never learned their names? No pain passed within his chest and there was no frustration or disgust with his mother. The expression on his face was indifferent, though his brows were raised. The Aston boy had not expected Tayui to admit to something like that. "I understand," he said straight-faced, resisting a smile, resisting to let on that he knew those feelings all too well and delighted in them plentifully. "It happens, I guess. Just think what you got out of it, right?" The smile finally shown through, and he winked--that night of loveless passion had brought Attila Aston here, after all, and he didn't mind that one bit.

<style type="text/css">
.attilamountains b {font-weight:bold; color:#f8fbfe; letter-spacing:1px;}
.attilamountainsooctext {color:#f8fbfe; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.attilamountains p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.attilamountains {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#227BE6; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntains.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#cadff9; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread