A Guiding Light
[html]

LOVE

The floor was hard against her knees, but Mati felt some place else. Cambria took her there. It was different now, deeper into her emotions and clouding her thoughts with their intensity. She had feared the worse, and Mati found that she had never been so afraid. Sweet voice told her not to shed the tears that were floating under her eyelids, but Mati saw all the reason to do so. What had happened before had been horrible, so bad that she could understand completely if Cambria thought that her bumps and bruises were nothing compared to it. Still, it was not the same. Everything had changed, and the way Cambria stood in Mati’s eyes had changed. Dramatically and so quickly if felt like her head was spinning. Then she had been someone she cared for, a pup that was helpless. Now, Mati felt so powerfully that the thought of loosing her for good brought the threat of tears to her eyes. Cambria may have known worse, but Mati hadn’t.

I was scared. I didn’t know, no one would tell me. She spoke hastily but with the same low and quiet tone. No one had told her much, not as much as the female desire to know. She felt left out, lost in wondering and doubt. The others likely figured she needed just as much rest as Cambria, having been so emotionally worn. But they had all been wrong. The onset of rest and relief only stated to filter into her body now that she knelt beside Cambi’s bed. I’m glad your okay. Okay in a way that would leave her eventually unscathed and whole. She was in pain, and the Church fey knew not how to fix the hurt. She gave a small smile, wanting to help in any sort of way. Her eyes traced the soft lines of her face, finding no lack of beauty as she did so, even in such a state.

The smaller darker paws found refuge in Mati’s bandaged one. Her heart jumped, fluttering at the connection. Mati gently laced her fingers between Cambria’s, craving the contact and the affection. Just a scrape. She assured the other female, feeling a smile come to her naturally and honestly. My mother doesn’t do as good a job as you, makes it look a lot worse. She couldn’t even feel the sting, just being near the healer was all Mati truly needed. Her eyes danced long the mixed shades of brown that they created, still smiling. Her worry and fear had slowly turned to a gratefulness, though her eyes remained glistening with unshed tears but no longer created by her overpowering fear. She was so lucky, in so many ways.

<style type="text/css">
.matipetals b {font-weight:bold; color:#f594a5; letter-spacing:1px; }
.matipetalsooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8592a8; text-align:left;}
.matipetals p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.matipetals {margin:0 auto; width:344px; background-color:#ece6e6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... petals.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8b85a8; padding: 100px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b85a8; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+

Messages In This Thread