A Guiding Light
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... biiban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
<333! 500+

Yes, she had been afraid, deathly afraid. Perhaps that fear she had felt yesterday had been worse than what she had felt all those months ago. Then she hadn't understood what was going on, hadn't understood how close she had come to the brink. Hours ago she had though. Cambria had known that death was breathing down her neck and it had frightened her horribly. She had panicked beneath the beam, trying valiantly but in vain to free herself. If it weren't for her uncle, she likely wouldn't have made it out in as good of shape as she had, if at all. It was funny, how one brave and selfless action like that could repair a rift she didn't think would ever be healed. Her strong feelings against her mother's brother had vanished since he had come to her side and saved her from that horrible fate. That was one good thing that had come from this frightening event.

Still though, while the fear may have been greater this time, the lasting effects would be minimal. Her body would heal and she wouldn't be pressed into a deep hole of depression. There wouldn't be the same emotional scars carved into her spirit. To her, this was a relief, but she could understand why it would be hard for Mati to see things that way. Maybe she hadn't been the one hurt physically, but she had been on the outside having to go through all the what ifs and feeling guilty. "I was scared too, but I'm not scared anymore. It's all going to be fine. I'm going to be fine." Her gaze locked firmly onto Mati's, needing to nail the last thing she had to say deep into the other wolfess' heart. "We're going to be fine too." Cambi wasn't sure if they really were a "we", they hadn't spoken of it, but she needed Mati to know that she didn't blame her, and that she didn't think any of this was her fault. It wasn't, and she couldn't have her thinking that way. Her smile grew as the Church fey said she was glad that she was okay. Even though she didn't want Mati worrying or feeling bad over this, it did feel good to see how much the other cared. It made her hopes for their possible future swell in her chest.

A contented sigh was pushed from her lungs and her eyes closed briefly as their fingers locked in, their hands firmly clasped. Even that small connection felt so wonderful, made her feel whole and healthy again. A soft chuckle left her at the small joke, but Cambi found that when Mati mentioned her mother she couldn't connect a face with the title. Any and all knowledge that the pale D'Angelo woman was her friend's mother had been buried and she had never seen much significant interaction between Mati and another adult female. "Your mother...I don't think I know who she is..." the girl said with a sheepish smile. How embarrassing, to be unaware of the other female's parents. She felt she should have known this information innately, but it had completely slipped beneath her radar.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread