A Guiding Light
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... biiban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
^^ 500+

It was somewhat strange for her to be in the stable position. To be in the position of the person who showed the way and kept the course steady and defined. It wasn't her usual spot in the scheme of things. Cambria was usually quiet, timid and going along with whatever was easiest. There were few times that she ever deviated from that path. One was when she was doing her job as a healer. It gave her sense of clarity and strength that she hadn't ever known before because she knew that she needed to be strong for the person she was helping. The other time was now with Mati. She had been the one to come forward about her feelings, the one to tell the older female that it was alright, what they felt and wanted. Now she was telling her that things were still alright. It was strange and new, but at the same time she couldn't imagine acting any other way or saying anything else. The feelings she felt for the Church fey were too strong.

The words that were spoken made her heart skip a beat. The idea of "we" had come naturally to her and she had spoke it without a second thought. She really didn't know how Mati would react to the statement, if she would at all, but now she couldn't help but feel a certain giddiness take over her despite her current status. "You do? Really?" Here she reverted back to her usual self, questioning every position answer or statement that came her way. Cambria just wanted to be sure, wanted to know that her ears weren't playing tricks on her. She wanted to know what this meant for the two of them. "I like us too," she quickly added. The Marino did, she really did. From the very start of her feelings for Mati she had wanted them to be more than just friends, more than the two separate beings they were. She wanted what her parents had for them. That was the large desire locked inside her heart.

Hopefully Mati would understand and forgive her ignorance. Obviously she knew who her parents were, everyone did. It was so strange that she didn't know the same information about the woman kneeling by her bed. The name that came was unexpected and her eyes surely showed this. "Anu! Really? I had no idea." It was sort of funny, that Anu was the one who Cambria had first confessed her preferences to, and here she was, falling in love with the Lt. General's adoptive daughter. Somehow, she thought the humor of it wouldn't be lost on the kind older fey either, when she found out. She was glad that Mati had such a nice mother, but that only brought up more questions, as to who her birth mother and father were. It opened up deeper holes that were unfilled in her information, though one was quickly revealed.

The next words came also as a shock, though of a different variety. Cambria couldn't help the tension that filled her body, but she did not pull away from Mati's hand, didn't even think of doing so. The name simply transported her back to that dark time and her thoughts towards the woman were anything but positive. She had no idea that Anu had ever been with her, it seemed strange, someone she viewed as so wonderful being with the one person she hated. It didn't change her opinion on the Lt. General though. Anu had been there, she had seen, and she had stood beside her mother that day in the rain. Most importantly though, it didn't change how she felt about Mati. She had been there too, she had seen the pain the woman had wrought. "I hate her." The words came out before she could think to stop them, a strange darkness in her eyes. That darkness soon cleared though and she felt guilty for saying it. "I'm sorry...I shouldn't have said that to you..." Not when she didn't really know how Mati felt about her birth mother.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread