A Guiding Light
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... biiban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
<333 500+

As Mati nodded in confirmation of her question the girl felt her cheeks burn warm beneath her chocolate fur, her eyes taking on a sparkly appearance. Hope exploded in her chest and she wished she could jump up and down on her bed for joy. Even after she had found out why Mati had reacted so oddly to her and they had kissed she hadn't been certain where this was going, if anywhere. Cambi hadn't wanted to jinx anything, hadn't wanted to make any assumptions that could prove to be false and lead to disappointment. To know that the other female wanted this, wanted them, brought a joy to her that she couldn't even begin to describe. Though that joy was displayed perfectly on her face. She looked at Mati, her eyes shimmering like the sun reflected off of the sea. Words weren't necessary, they would only be clumsy in the face of something so huge. She didn't know what love felt like firsthand, but she did know that she had the capacity to love Mati, and she wanted to.

Cambi still felt a little embarrassed that she hadn't know who Mati's parents were, especially since Anu was one of them and she knew Anu very well. The elder girl didn't seem to worry too much about her lack of knowledge though and if anything that helped her to push that embarrassment aside. If Mati didn't see anything wrong with it then there was no reason for her to worry about it. "I can imagine so. Anu is so kind. She's helped me a lot." The Lt. General had been there to help her understand what was going on with Leafy and to help her understand and come to terms with the fact that she felt attraction to other females instead of males. She had also been the one to grant her the corank of Practitioner. "It's nice that our mothers are so close," she stated softly. At least there would be no worries of their parents not liking one another if this did become serious, what was between them.

She felt a sense of shame emanating from the Church fey as the realization of her birth mother came to light, and while she could understand why it was there, Cambria didn't see any reason for Mati to feel that way. As far as the incident that had scarred her went, Mati had been there for her. She had spent hours looking over her and making sure her status didn't deteriorate more. Children weren't responsible for the actions of their parents. That wasn't how things worked. Cambi was responsible for her words though. She almost took them back, but she couldn't. They were true, what she truly felt in her heart. It relieved her to see that the harsh statement hadn't seemed to affect Mati adversely, that was what she hadn't wanted to do. Through their touching hands she could feel the pain that the white D'Angelo woman had caused to Mati too. Cambria wasn't the only victim of all that had happened that day.

Her fingers gently squeezed Mati's hand, hoping it would offer her some small amount of comfort. Then, something dawned on the younger girl. "My uncle's children...they're your siblings," she said as if in some sort of daze. Ehno risking himself to come to her aid had mostly erased all of the resentment she had held towards him, but her feelings about his pups were still muddled and confusing. "I don't know how to feel about them. I don't blame them for what happened, but...I don't know..." she couldn't explain what it was she felt. It was foggy and unclear.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread