A Guiding Light
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... biiban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
oh my, Cambi's getting tingly in her nautay parts :o 500+

Crimson Dreams was her home, and never had she yearned for another or wished this one was different. The security that was present here was so special. She knew because the moment she stepped foot outside of the boundaries of this land that security melted away. She supposed there was a similar sense of that in AniWaya, but it was mostly due to the kind aura surrounding the Kalona, as far as she could tell. Cambi remembered well the first time she had gone there as a small pup and she had been nervous until Noir had befriended her. She supposed it could be because this was what she had always known and been familiar with, but she didn't even have to be around anyone to feel safe here. The Dreaming lands were her bubble of comfort and she had no desire to ever leave it.

It felt good to know that she wasn't the only one who had such undefined feelings towards the litter that had been produced between those two adults in their lives. Thinking she had been the only one had made her feel even more guilty about her inability to feel anything positive for them. Even her mother had seemed to have been able to accept them. Savina was much more mature than she was though, perhaps that had something to do with it. Cambria could accept her deep feelings of negativity for the D'Angelo woman, they were justified, but she couldn't find the same solid ground when it came to the pups. It wasn't their fault, but at the same time they represented the very act that was such a betrayal to her, and undoubtedly to Mati as well. The girl wished there was a simple solution to their conundrum, but there didn't seem to be. It was just something they would have to work through slowly.

She took in all that Mati told her, trying to picture the small girl. She sounded no different than any other pup. The description could have easily fit her or her sister when they had been little. She let silence reign for a moment before she moved her lips to project her voice once more. "I didn't know about them for a long time. My mom wanted to keep it from me to protect me. She did until she couldn't anymore, when my uncle brought them here to visit. I refused to go to the family meeting though. I was too angry and too hurt." She could understand how Mati felt. Both concerned and upset. It was similar to how she felt, though for different reasons. "Ehno will always be there for them, even if she isn't. He's done things he shouldn't have but...he's a good man, and he loves his family. All of them." Now that she was past her anger she could see that this all was just as hard for her uncle as for everyone else. His life was split in two due to what had happened. Still, she knew that those pups would always have their father, even if their mother continued in her failings.

The finger tracing lightly up her arm stole some of her breath away and she felt strong feelings rise up in her gut in the form of heat. It was not dissimilar to the feelings the touches Lolita had lavished upon her had made her feel, though even with such a small hint of it she could tell these were stronger, more intense. Her slender fingers grabbed at Mati, her eyes looking into her. "Come here," she said softly. Cambi wanted her closer, so much closer.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread