it is best to avoid the beginnings of evil
[html]

slow reply is slow

There was a flash—a moment of sharp and unabashed brilliance—where Larkspur knew. He knew. Yellowing teeth became exposed as his black lips pulled back, pink tongue curling up to the roof of his mouth. Was he cleansed? It was an asinine question and his body trembled at the notion. A dozen voices, then a hundred, began to call for him. They were the voices of the Khalif, screaming for blood. His blood. The voices grew into a roar and his muscles twitched, hands closing into fists, tail lashing behind him. There was a notion to strike the boy, one that rose steadily like a tide.

It was the can tah that cut through all the other voices like a knife and silenced them ultimately. This voice—the voice of the stone eagle, the voice of Tak—was the only voice he needed. The rage left his body and fell into the blue-green pool of water at his side. Larkspur closed his eyes and opened them again. Before him the boy still sat, ignorant of what he was playing with. “In order to be cleansed you were burnt alive,” the salt and pepper wolf explained. He shifted his weight and pulled up a section of fur on his side. Under the thickest part of it deep scars were visible. “They nearly killed me tryin' to do that. Yer great-grandmother is the one that saved me. She was chosen, and she chose me.” And now Larkspur had chosen this boy, despite his polluted blood.

<style>
.larkspur-b02 p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.larkspur-b02 b {color:#C96812; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; font-weight:normal;}
.larkspur-b02-text {margin:0px 8px 24px 176px; padding:2px; width:262px; }
.larkspur-b02 {width:450px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... arksie.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4E4844; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000; min-height:293px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread