a sister is both your mirror and your opposite
[html]

Tayui returned her sister’s shrug with one of her own. She was more comfortable with this Aurèle, even if she was distant and cold. Her comment was in no way connected to how she really felt, and somehow, Tayui preferred this side of her sister. She could expect and anticipate it, even if it left her feeling bitter. It was like a pawprint in the snow; forgotten and frozen in time. Somehow, her sister could leave these tracks all over her consciousness and Tayui would always be worse for wear. Even if she truly loved her sister and appreciated her company, it wasn’t healthy – not the way Aurèle made her feel or act. She just wished she could find a comfort zone or some way to connect. That was all she really wanted.

She offered a tired smile in reply, and then blinked suddenly when she realized what her sister had asked her. The smile disappeared suddenly as she contemplated her answer.

“Océane is gone. I don’t know if or when she’s coming back. Claudius is still here, and Noir returned recently from what Attila mentioned to me. I suspect she’ll find her way back to our den soon enough,” she replied with a touch of regret. Somehow, she had driven all her children away; all but the one who depended on her for everything. She only wished the rest of her children had stayed, or had at least said something before taking off. It hurt to know they couldn’t afford her an explanation, but she knew this was the way of the lands. She had defended the name of Bleeding Souls to Nayati, but she wasn’t sure if she believed her own words anymore. Not when it happened to her and to her own children; her own family, flesh and blood.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread