sometimes the line walks you
[html]

Well, prisoner had been a very loose term—and one that hadn't been particularly accurate. Snake had been kept under watch, of course, but he had been young and impressionable. As Patriot had once said, he had been malleable, and the man had wanted to forge him into a deadly weapon. And, depending on how closely you looked, he succeeded pretty well. He had created a man with virtually no emotions, and one who could retreat mentally if needed and who could barely feel pain. Yes, he was very dangerous, though he didn't like to feel so. It wasn't as if he pined to be "normal" among everyone else, but he wished he could understand them more. Standing here now, trying to comprehend Hybrid was difficult enough.

At first he didn't understand the genesis of Hybrid's question. How did he fight, physically, or... no, as Snake put it with the context of his short tale about his past, he assumed that it had come from there. Of course, someone who spent their life in chains wouldn't know anything of fighting. But Snake hadn't been in chains.

"I was taught to fight. I was not free, but I was not neglected. The leader wanted a soldier." He didn't need to talk about how he had forged him—how he had dulled him to pain, and how he had sharpened fighting skills less through instruction and more through trial and error. But he supposed he could answer the other interpretation of the question. "As for fighting technique, I let the enemy make the mistakes." His olive gaze strayed to Hybrid's stance, immediately focusing on the most minute movements. Snake could follow them, anticipate what strike would go where, and then it was only a matter of dodging and counterattacking. If he was lucky, he didn't need any more than a counterattack. "I have not had any trouble so far."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread