sometimes the line walks you
[html]

He did not expect Hybrid to understand the war economy that ran New Haven, nor the fact that his position with the Boss had been... different than most. He had been kept under watch because Patriot had known Nikita would run if given the chance (as she had, later on), but there had been interest shown in both Snake and Foxhound because they were her children. She had given Patriot many fine soldiers before—even if these were not his own, he thought he could get some use out of them. At that time they had been young enough for conditioning (or brain-washing, depending on how you looked at it). It hadn't worked on the blond coyote that now resided in Inferni, but Foxhound was an example of how it could work very well.

"No, I do not believe he expected me to escape. Or that he was taunting me." Both were interesting options, though. Snake had never looked at like that. "Like I said, he wanted soldiers. He trained us hoping that we would become loyal enough to him so that we would not have to be kept prisoner anymore." Snake was not very susceptible to consternation, but he feared that he would be vexing the other Hydra soon enough, and he would much rather not get on his bad side. So he shrugged, continuing, "It is unimportant now. I am here, and I can and will fight for Inferni, and that is what we do." That was pretty much all that seemed important nowadays anyway.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread