changes of necessity
[html]

This is a mandatory pack meeting to announce the change in leadership. If you do not respond by May 14th, you will be demoted in the ranks (or removed, depending). I am playing it as if everyone is already here—one post is absolutely all that is required, but you may continue to post if you want.

Those in danger of demotion: Vigilante Haskel, Ruri Aceline, Haven Aatte, Heath morte dre Soul, Ayita Catori, Strelein von Rosnete, Princess Chance, Niro Takekuro, Rurik Russo, Orin Takekuro, Anann Kelevra, Alaine Winters, Anatoliy Russo, Marika Russo, Rikka de le Poer, Amaranth Catori, Caillen Winters
Those in danger of removal: Sylvie Ciel, Zasha Egorov

800+ words.

Vigilante had never been close to Jacquez, and it had been months since he had seen the collie man. As far as he knew, he had not seen him since the pack meeting in December or January to announce his and Ruri's promotions and the war-related news. Still though, the King's scent had always been present and strong, but it had faded over a month ago. It no longer seemed like the confident presence it had been. In fact, Vigilante did not even know if the King was still in the area. It bothered him to know that their King was so scarce and distant, if he was even still there. Truthfully, the Constable did not believe that Jacquez Trouillefou was still in the pack. The man had seemed flighty and adventurous, and though he had been present often and social in the beginning of the pack's life, he had faded to being a background figure for the pack.

That was not suitable for a large and continuously growing pack, though, and that was what Cour des Miracles had become. Vigilante had been on many border calls as of late, and he knew that there were still members of the pack that he had not met. Though, he was willing to bet that he knew more about the pack's members than Jacquez did. That just was not acceptable anymore; the pack was largely able to exist without direction at this point, but they needed an active leader. Vigilante had sought to speak with Jacquez multiple times in the past month, to absolutely no avail. He had been doing a lot of thinking and he knew that the way things were was not the best for the pack. As the Constable, he felt it was his duty to do what was best for the pack in the absence of their King.

Enough time had passed with his thoughts and he had finally acted on them. First, he had ventured to Heath and Ruri's home. It had seemed the best thing to do was talk to her, since he could not find Jacquez himself. When he had told her what he thought had happened, their wayward King finally leaving them, she had not taken it well. Vigilante had tried to console her, but he had not known what to say through her despair. Despite this, the young Dauphine had agreed with him that it was the best thing to do for the pack, and the job for this had fallen upon his shoulders. He had also spoken to Ayita about it briefly, so as to not spring it on her, as well. His lovely mate had supported him, and he had called that afternoon for the pack to meet.

Looking at the faces that surrounded him in the common room of the Chien Hotel. As he had suspected, Jacquez was not there, which only strengthened his resolve to do this for the pack. He had held out a small hope that their King would arrive, as well, and then this would not have to happen. "Hello, everyone. I thank you all for coming," he began, still pained by the hurt etched into the Dauphine's face. "I'm afraid that this meeting has been called for solemn reasons. I am sure some of you have realized the absence of our King, and for those unaware, it has been seemingly happening for a few months, though it has become worse in the past month and a half," he explained, surveying the faces around him, hoping to see any type of recognition of this in some of their eyes.

"Ruri and I have discussed this and have decided that the best thing to do for the pack, because of this, is to appoint a new King, or Queen as it could also be." The doggish man paused, hoping that this news would not anger anyone. "Jacquez led us wonderfully in the times before now, but his extended absences are not for the benefit of the pack and we fear he might be gone forever." He hoped not. However, he knew that he would not simply step aside if that were to happen. How would they be able to trust him, after his apparent abandoning of them? "For these reasons, we have decided that the best thing to do now is for me to step into the role of the King. The only leaders you have for now are myself and Ruri, and we will continue to do our best to make sure we can be everything needed of us." Vigilante had been doing this for months, taking up any extra work he could.

"For now, this is all that is being announced. If anyone has any questions or concerns, I will gladly speak to you about them. Otherwise, you are free to go," he concluded, knowing that there would be some who would want to digest this in private.

<style>
.vigi-foryou b {color:#4E5E86; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread