changes of necessity
[html]

The silver-furred werewolf wasn't quite sure what to make of the meeting call. Liliya had been bugging him incessantly about what it meant and what was going on, but he was at just as much a loss as she was—if Rurik was to be perfectly honest with himself, he wasn't too keen on the pack's membership, leaders, or anything of the sort. He had been a poor packmember thus far, he was thinking, and his coal-colored ears were pinned backwards in an uncharacteristic look of concern as he readied himself for the meeting. He didn't know whether it was to be a good meeting or a somber one, but he packed a bottle of whiskey into his back nonetheless, thinking it might help make a good occasion.

When they were ready to go, he called for Anatoliy, but of course, he was not yet ready—Rurik simply didn't want to wait, so he called for the boy to catch up in a moment. Liliy and Rurik made their way out of the house and along the pathway toward the hotel. There were several horses here, and they had made sure the trail was well-marked with hoofprints and other evidence of their existence. It was an easy walk, and Rurik knew enough to know where he was going now. They were early, he saw—there weren't many people about yet, but after a while different faces began to filter in—Strelein was among them, and he waved to the man, who settled on the far side of Anatoliy and seemed to enjoy chatting with him.

Though Rurik looked for Orin, Niro, and Zasha, he did not see them at first, and before long it was time to turn his attention to Vigilante, whom he remembered as the man who first accepted him to this place. The silver-furred werewolf listened intently as the wolf began to speak, nudging Liliya to be silent and pay attention. As it turned out, Rurik was horribly behind on pack matters—he didn't know who Jacquez was, even. Frowning, the silver-furred man looked to the pale gray woman who appeared to be Ruri as she spoke, apologizing. The werewolf felt bad for her immediately, and he frowned, his ears still tucked back slightly. Strelein spoke, and Rurik nodded approvingly of the question, waiting for an answer before he voiced his own comments.

Clearing his throat, the silver-furred werewolf spoke, hardly afraid of voicing his opinions publically. “I trust you vill both be good leaders for zhis pack. I have not been member very long, but zhis is what I zheenk,” he said, smiling toward Vigilante and then Ruri. He was not friends with either, and he hardly knew the latter, but he did not think they were incapable. “I help where you need me,” he added. “Mine family, too,” he added, nudging Liliya and Anatoliy both. Liliy just nodded dumbly and seemed more ashamed than anything, grinning a rather wide and unnatural grin before lowering her head.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-hell b{font-weight:bold; color:#E4DED8; letter-spacing:1px;}
.rurik-hell em {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; color:#CEC4BB;font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.rurik-hell p{text-indent:35px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
.rurik-hell {width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/ruri_hell.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 278px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B6B1AD; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread