morning star
[html]
(353)

The thought of sleeping on the ground in the dirt and mud repulsed him. He was a prince, and princes did not sleep in filthy caves that would mar their elegance exteriors. The mansion appealed to him, but he’d yet to fully explore the building yet, picking a suitable residence for the time being. He needed shelter and warmth, not stones and dust. Thus far he’d yet to encounter much of the Inferni clan yet, but what he’d seen so far hadn’t particularly interested him. Sleeping in close quarters with vermin and low-lives would disgust him further then residing within his own, private cave secluded from undesirables. Kaena seated herself near him and he felt no need to recoil. She was the aged and weathered queen, though the prized crown did not belong on her head alone. Soon he’d need to meet the Inferni king and see for himself who led this clan. “What’s there to know?” he asked lightly, returning her question with one of his own.

He would not brag so arrogantly before a queen, making claims regarding his own blood and identity where they were not needed. He had no reason to try and impress or repel her. “I was born in Egypt by the ocean. My mother raised me with the aid of others around her as Samael was not only half a world away from us, he didn’t even yet know that we actually existed. We came here because my mother wished to find him.” Had he and his siblings been deemed unworthy, they would have been destroyed before adulthood. Djeserit may have been royalty on her own, but had her children’s bodies been empty vessels without powerful souls to guide them they’d have been labeled nothing more than worthless husks wasting space and precious resources.

Only the souls of gods and devils were permitted, and Mkhai’s fate and future had always been hazy and difficult to pinpoint within his mother’s normally sharp eyes. This had lead to some questions, and finally their inevitable departure from Egypt.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread