morning star
[html]
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7855/test2022.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-top: 0px; background-color: #73716f; background-position: bottom;">
(586)

He would murder his father and devour his heart. If there was any demonic power to be had within his soul than Mkhai would steal it for his own gain. If not, then he’d simply be ridding the world of yet another useless creature. The thought excited him, sending a fiery fever into his eyes and his tongue to slink across his dagger-like fangs. But he would reveal none of this to Kaena. He assumed that she cared enough for her son for she’d so readily asked after his whereabouts when they’d first met, and he doubted that his desires would impress her in regards to the golden-furred beast. The interest shown within his grandmother piqued his own, unable to help falling into her trap as it’d been so cleverly deployed, appealing right to the arrogance and selfishness of all living creatures whether they wished to admit it or not. He knew he’d have to hold himself in check before his mouth became a babbling brook, spilling all of the useless contents of his soul that needed to be locked away.

He must clear his mind and revel in clarity, revealing only what needed to be revealed and nothing more. He must control himself and hold ultimate power over himself if he was to learn to overpower and manipulate others. This would be his first test as she pried into his soul, seeking control through her own desire for information and affection on his part. “Across the ocean,” he said, answering slowly with careful pause as he measured his words. “We had to take a ship when we arrived here. It’s a long journey—perhaps about a month or so?” he said, thinking back on what he remembered of the world. He’d studied maps as he’d studied history, tearing through the libraries housed within Alexandria. Once, many, many years ago when humans reigned Alexandria had housed a great library as well as a magnificent lighthouse, but they’d been lost over the course of time. The city had been founded by a great king that had nearly ruled the entire world, creating the greatest empire that was never again matched by a single human being.

These things and more he devoured ravenously, adoring information and filling his head with whatever he could. He could point out Egypt on a map, but where he was now was something far vaguer—memory faltered and failed, only just remembering the general part of the world where the ship had been headed to bring him here. Such a thing rked him some, but he wouldn’t dwell on it. “It’s dry there, and windy. Located in the heart of the desert, the river is the only thing that sustains life. My mother met Samael here, though she didn’t come of her own free will. Samael helped her out of the foolish situation she’d gotten herself into, and then she returned home with me and my siblings in her womb. She brought us back here to find him, and when she did I decided to seek out the rest of my family.” To see for myself, his mind added silently, quelling his arrogance at the very last second. She didn’t need to know the darker aspects of his nature. He’d need to put on a kind face and a boyish smile lest she learn what he was truly made of, thus detesting him for the ugliness hidden within.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread