thread title missing
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Perhaps he had gone too far, tracking her down here in the city. Deirdre probably wanted to be alone, and he had other things that needed attending to in Storm, but he wouldn’t have the peace of mind necessary to accomplish his chores until he made sure his daughter was all right. He felt better about leaving Storm now that Pilot stood as his second-in-command. The boy was capable of keeping an eye on things while he was away. “They’re doin’ fine,” he answered her question. “They’re lehrlin’s now, can you b’lieve it?” It seemed like idle banter, but he was truly proud of all his children. They were growing up all around him.

Finally back on two legs, Phoenix walked in through the door and took a stance close in front of Deirdre, looking her over. He dwarfed her, but the girl was safe in his presence. There was definitely something different, but he had a hard time putting his finger on it. Was she putting on weight? “Act’ally I followed you here,” he admitted. “Didja wanna be alone? I jus’… needed t’ talk.” Suddenly, finally, it dawned on him. In retrospect he should have noticed it sooner, but something of this magnitude was the last thing he’d been expecting. His eyes widened and shot down to her belly. He could just feel the extra life developing inside her. Deirdre! …Are… are you…?” he couldn’t finish the question, not that it needed answering. He’d seen enough pregnancies to recognize one when he saw it, and his psychic perceptiveness confirmed it.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread