malleus maleficarum
[html]

:O

Pride was something that Eris had been bred into—regardless of which place would have raised her and prepared her for adulthood, she would have been doomed for arrogance either way. On one end of the spectrum there was the Lykoi bloodline, her mother—no doubt she would have been impressed with the idea that, as a carrier of that blood, she was superior to others. Instead, though, her pride had been fostered and strengthened in a hot, dry place, far to the south, by a false family full of liars. The only one of them even worth salvaging might have been Dieriel; whose muliebrity was the only assistance Eris had gotten in escaping. If it were not for that woman, she might still be in Eterne, and she might still be bound by chains.

His response was just as cryptic and noncommittal as her own, and he asked about the scar, and Eris was silent for a moment, her chartreuse eyes narrowed as she considered him. The process was painful, and the shiny pink scar tissue in her arm was raised and bumpy, signifying numerous wounds made over the very same track. There was a small and vague nod finally, and the sable woman spoke. “I put myself though this willingly.” It had been to drain the wolf out of her—but now Eris wasn't even sure how much wolf she was. She wasn't going to tell him that, though. “It made me clean. And yours?” she asked, feeling entitled to allow her own query about the pale white that had been etched into the elder canine's fur, as she had responded to his.

<style>
.eris-flies-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.eris-flies p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.eris-flies b {color:#4C755C; letter-spacing:.8px; font-family:'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; }
.eris-flies {background-color:#C5D7CD; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/tbd/eris/ipb/erisfish.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; border:1px solid #4C755C; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#202523; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.eris-flies-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.eris-flies-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #4C755C; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread