tell them that she's not sacred
[html]

He noticed her approaching from some way off because of the moors' level ground. She was coming right at him, meaning generally that it was her intention from the start to come and speak. His olive eyes watched her carefully, with a hooded quality of a reptile, as he occasionally sipped from the water in the bottle. She was a coyote, though perhaps barely—she had Inferni's scent so he had to assume that she was enough of their species to be allowed in by Gabriel or Kaena. That dark coat color was certainly not common amongst them, though the yellow-green of her eyes seemed vaguely familiar in the catalogue of everyone that he had met over the months. As she drew nearer he noticed the glinting piercings of her ears, the break in the dark fur on her shoulder where he could see some kind of scarring. And, as all of these observances ticked off in his brain like lines of code in a computer, he couldn't help but add on that she was attractive, in form and features. But at this moment that was merely a bullet in a list of thoughts.

Snake tracked her line of sight, noting that it—and her comment—were based on the bottle that he held in his hands. He looked at it, sloshing the water inside before looking back and replying, "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's just water. If I had any liquor, I'd share." He'd had a nice stash of alcohol back at his old den, but unfortunately they had been destroyed when the fire had taken the southern lands. Sooner or later he would have to go back to the city and look for more, but that would require motivating to venture out of Inferni—something that Snake would not do until his injured side was fully healed. As it was now, he still had a bandage wrapped around his lower torso, though the injury was well on its way to healing.

Conversations were not really his thing, but he knew that it would eventually roll around to introductions, so why not take the initiative? "I'm Snake," he said in his usual low, rough tone. From what he could guess about her scent, she was relatively new here—perhaps having come in after the end of the war. That would explain why he hadn't noticed her around; the blond coyote was surprisingly antisocial, and it became even worse when he was recovering from some kind of injury.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread