tell them that she's not sacred
[html]

Snake's views on the body were a little bit more metaphorical—in his mind, a person was made of two things, their body (or physical shell in the world) and the soul (which usually consisted of the mind, heart, and spirit of someone). It was also in his mind that the body was a very poor representation of someone, as it was something that one had no control over usually. That was how Snake had lost himself for several months, allowing his body to live out his life while his soul slept as deeply as death. But now that he was beginning to find himself again, it was very awkward considering his age.

Digressions aside, he accepted the bottle that she handed back, looking at it quietly as she replied to the list that he had provided her with. He might've guessed that Kaena was her mother, and the other relations didn't really matter he supposed. The man did notice that she left out Vieira, though he attributed that to her position in the pack. She was a slave, if he remembered correctly—something that Snake did not really look down on. He had never found such things before now, and he didn't really see the problem with it. The coyote was taken good care of, as far as he could tell, and she was so fragile that the world outside would break her if she was set free. He flicked his ear at her harsh humor towards the end of the statements, sipping from the water as she continued to speak of Kaena again, and the confusion of her father. Snake was quiet for a moment, realizing that, in this, they were somewhat alike. "My mother did not tell me about my true father for a while," he confided. Family information was not usually something that he gave up without someone specifically asking, but this slight similarity of theirs wasn't something for him to ignore. "I assumed it was someone for months, and only when we managed to run into my actual father while traveling did she tell me."

Needless to say this caused some confusion in the adolescent Snake. Whenever he did think of his father, there was always a mixed image of Patriot and Laurel—two complete opposites if ever there were. Patriot had been a charismatic, domineering tyrant while Laurel had been a peaceful musician and gypsy. And perhaps it didn't matter who had contributed to Snake genetically—it was clear to see that he took more after Patriot in the end.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread