tell them that she's not sacred
[html]

Eris was split between figuring her family didn't matter a lick and finding them a necessary evil. Her whole reason for even being here... well. Eris had thought a lot about that, and she had come to the astute conclusion that she didn't fucking have one. She had nowhere else to go, and she had considered Inferni and her mother and the Lykoi legends rather meaningless and useless—that maternal heritage had mattered little while she was in Eterne, while she was with her supposed family—they had all turned out to be fakes, of course, and in the end the only other woman in the house had been gentle enough to release her.

An unladylike snort echoed from her muzzle at the man's story, though it was not in derision—she was simply rather surprised at how similar their stories were, on the surface, anyway. “First I thought it was Laruku, like Rachias and Arkham and Andrezej—'cause they were my littermates, you know? But I was always different from them somehow,” she said, forward and resting one arm on her knee, twisting the fur there furiously with her fingers as she continued to speak. “So when Astaroth came and took me away, and he said he was my daddy, I believed him. I got to his home and his whole family adopted me—and one day I say Kaena was a hybrid, part coyote, you know?” she continued, resentment rising in her tone as she spoke. “And all of a sudden they're not my family anymore, Astaroth can't be my daddy 'cause he's a coyote and I'm—I'm—” she stopped, taking in a breath, her fingers still working the fur on her leg around, pulling at it hard enought to tear a few hairs out.

“I don't even fucking know,” she concluded, anger and disappointment clearly plastered across her sable features. Her silver-studded ears were twisted backwards in anger, almost buried in the poofy mess of her cropped-short mane.

<style>
.eris-mask-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.eris-mask p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.eris-mask b {color:#4A4554;}
.eris-mask {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/tbd/eris/ipb/eristable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #BCABBD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8C8C8C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.eris-mask-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.eris-mask-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #4A4554; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread