tell them that she's not sacred
[html]

Snake was not very good at discerning emotion—not at all. It was probably because his own were so subdued (to the point of not being present at most points in time). He could see some things in Eris, though, for he thought that they weren't that complicated. Distress was something that he understood, even though distress coming from family was something that he did not. Snake had separated himself from his own when he had turned ten months old, and though his father had paid a visit to him once, that had only seemed to further the rift rather than bridge it. No, he could never fully understand or offer sympathy, but he could understand her distress in the very least.

"I am not lucky," he growled, setting the mostly empty bottle down on the bank next to him. He clasped his hands together, frowning. "My den was in the landfill to the south, and it was destroyed when the southern areas were set on fire. I believe that I am the only one to suffer that." Now he felt somewhat embarrassed—he hadn't wanted to incite a pity party for his sudden homelessness, especially since it wasn't that big a deal. He had liked his den, sure, but he'd probably find another one. Not one that he'd like as much as the old one, but he'd find one eventually. "Yes, we were warring with the wolf pack to our southwest—Dahlia de Mai. Their old leader wronged Kaena, and so we sought to drive him out." He paused, looking at the swift current of the river before concluding, "We burned him out, but his fires got to Inferni as well. We do not war with Dahlia now, though Haku Soul is still alive and his more temperate son now leads the wolf pack."

Snake was always ready for a fight or a war, but nothing was more displeasing than seeing the makings of another conflict off in the distance and not being able to do anything. He may be a lot of things, but one of those was a good soldier. He was meant to take orders and fight—not give advice or take initiative.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread