what about the place that we call home?
[html]

I'm still getting used to the whole Russian accent thing, can we say their whole conversation is in Russian? :3 Also, delay of uber fail. 300+

Her grandfather had always been an idea in her head. The girl certainly never expected to meet him or be in any position where she could talk to him. In her head, she had always imagined them meeting in awkward circumstances, the ways in which they could come to terms with their pasts. Marika missed her father, but it was his blood which now connected her to Rurik. Their first meeting had been short and somewhat bittersweet. Just hellos, awkward, clipped, as if they were children. And then her departure, like a whirlwind, like a hurricane across the seas. She couldn't say what impact that had had on the man, but he was willing to talk to her and that was enough for now.

The blood of travellers was in their veins. She sat down on his porch and smoothed out the skirt. The coins jingled slightly and her fingers quickly stopped their motion. She missed her old pack. Marika had been truly free then, to live her life in ways her mother had prevented. She had been able to learn how to play the panpipes, how to dress appropriately and how to love without restraints. Her hunger for her family had eventually driven her away, but through sheer luck of the gods, she had made it. She had found Rurik. How have you been, Grandfather? Her feet swung off the porch and she watched her toes make slow circles in the air.

I think I want this to be my home now. There is not a lot left for me there, she added, her hand sweeping towards the sea. Towards Europe. In truth, if she ever went back, it would to the Carpathians and the wolves who lived there. I wanted to find you and now I have, I don't even know what to tell you. A slow smile crept across her face. What do you want to know about me?

<style>
.marika-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.marika-a01 b {color:#635E25;}
.marika-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.marika-a01 {background-color:#C6B76F; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb20 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:390px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746A34; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread