like niobe, all tears
[html]<style type="text/css">#niobe1 {margin:auto; width:375px; padding:20px; padding-bottom:10px; border:3px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; background:#222; font:11px trebuchet ms; color:#777; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;} #niobe1 strong {font:11px georgia; color:#aaa; font-weight:bold;} #niobe1 em {font:11px georgia; color:#aaa; font-style:italic;}</style>

Eris is so interesting O: I wish I could pronounce all those crazy words in your profile.

Briefly, Niobe found herself interested in the eye sockets of the skull her hand was presently placed upon. They were oval, as if the skull had come from something very like herself, but that was absurd. She had never heard of coyotes killing their own kind, and pardon her ego, but they would never be able to take her down. That thought aside, perhaps these skulls were placed here not as a warning, but as a tribute to the fallen. That made more sense to her.

Had she been one to believe in signs, she would've seen how the sky could adumbrate the sort of man or woman who would come to meet her. At first glance, the short yet voluptuous woman striding toward her seemed mostly harmless. The rabbit swinging from the other's clenched fist was tantalizing, like a pendulum swinging before the eyes of a naïve patient, but she made no move toward it despite believing she could obtain it if she wished. She tempered herself, if not only long enough to gain quick acceptance here. Eris was an interesting sight to behold, completely opposite of her save for dark coats and vibrant eyes—where Niobe was tall and willowy, Eris was curvy, likely a great temptation for many men.

That's a shame, she said finally, her hand falling away from the animal skull. I'd think your ancestors would prefer the tribute more if flesh wasn't hanging off their heads. This skull was pretty sun-bleached and barren, but there were others she had seen that were a little more grizzled. Maybe placed somewhere sacred. That is what they're for, am I right? Of course I'm right, but she didn't voice the thought.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread