like niobe, all tears
[html]

Word Count :: 401 derpy sie posts in the wrong account

Her life had been a lie—she had spent the first few months of her life believing Laruku was her father, though even she had been able to detect the differences from herself and her littermates, and there had never been any particular connection between herself and the hybrid man. With his own children, it had at least seemed that they liked him—Eris had never felt anything for him, and when Astaroth had come claiming to be her father, she had followed him without question. Their similarly-shaded pelts and his sweet words were enough reason for her, and Eris went with him, her mother pursuing all the way. She had lived almost two years of her life believing that she was Astaroth's child, until she had been fool enough to reveal that Kaena herself was only part-wolf, meaning Eris and her wolfish appearance could not possibly have come from Astaroth and anything with more than just the faintest hint of coyote.

At the other woman's words, Eris looked over her with poorly disguised contempt, though it was not directed solely on this woman; here she could discover nothing of herself, and yet there were all of these relations and relatives exploding from the woodwork. “Oh good. Another one,” she said flatly, waving her hand in the air with sarcastic flourish. “Our kind is all over the place here. I suppose you'll want to meet Kaena and everything,” Eris said darkly, the jealously apparent even with her barely-contained rage. Kaena would dote on this creature and forsake her own daughter, Eris knew—in the sable-furred woman's mind, she deserved better than that. How was she to have known her mother was alive?

“I wouldn't have come back unless I had to,” Eris said dismissively. She did not know her parentage; how was she supposed to care where she came from? Truthfully, she did—she wished desperately to discover the truth about herself, but until that moment came, she would disparage the Lykoi name where she could. “But it could very well be daddy strung up there, yours or mine,” the sable-furred woman said, rolling her shoulder in another shrug. “Did you want to stay here or something? I'm not allowed to tell people they can, but I'll call my mother for you,” Eris said, clearly disliking the idea that she was not allowed to do something, no matter what it was.

Table by Jimjamz!!!
<style>
.kae-giftjames3 b {color:#d5ba66;}
.kae-giftjames3 p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px 5px;}
.kae-giftjames3 {width:350px;border:1px solid #472709;background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... able13.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:200px;background-position:bottom center;background-color:#ffffff; text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-size:12px;font-family:georgia, serif; line-height:13px; color:#472709; margin:0 auto;}
.kae-giftjames-credit {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:-.04px; width:350px; margin:0 auto; text-align:center; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread