Highway to Hell, [P, J]
WC: 679.
Great post Big Grin

-------

The hybrid came upon her like a silent storm, circling her like a cat toying with its prey. Her singular yellow optic seemed to burn into Lucia’s skull, seeking answers and studying her like a case subject from a laboratory. It was apparent that this female was sizing her up, looking to see if strength could overcome wit. Lucia had no doubt that this scarred bitch could hold up her own defences, but the egotistical side of the ebony wolf mocked her – not directly, but definitely in the confines of her mind. Throwing the cigarette to the ground, smoke wafted up by the gasoline cylinders – in most circumstances, it would of been considered dangerous to do such a thing, but with the unlikelihood of any gas remaining in the containers, there was no fear... Just the pretty thoughts of an explosion, with thick black clouds bellowing into the sky. That would of been a sight to see – and it was a possibility in the future perhaps. The black female was a schemer.

Glancing up at the grey-furred canine, Lucia shifted her body and rose to a stand. Watching her silently, the obsidian trespasser clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth, savouring the taste of nicotine and smoke which lingered inside her. Nodding slightly, as though contemplating the idea that she had not broken any laws, words fell casually away, almost rehearsed in tone and as emotionless as her face. She was a blank canvass, and apparently held little fear for the idea of skulls on the border, or even death for that matter. All she had wanted was to find her lover – maybe this superior female would understand? That was a definite possibility.

“I mean no disrespect,”
she growly calmly, “I saw your borders, and I share much pity for the souls you took to display your strengths. But I also congratulate you for the excellent display of violence. It is very intriguing...” She felt her ebony lips curl into a placid smile. It was probably a bad move, as it could make the older bitch feel uncomfortable, but Lucia was not one to mind. She kept herself as herself, and though she did display respect, she did not alter her personality. What was the point in that? She was not a fake, and if she was to explain her reasons for being here, she would have to display the whole truth – lies would get her nowhere.

Picking up her rucksack off the ground, the bottom of it covered in dirt – sprinkling the occasional stone to the ground as she slung it over her right shoulder, Lucia kept her malachite coals firmly on Kaena. “I did not trespass by accident,” she admitted, flicking back her auds as though the words had struggled to come out of her mouth, “I was looking for Snake.” Her heart skipped a beat – a common thing whenever he became the topic of conversation. She didn’t see him much. He was a coyote, herself a wolf. It was not deemed appropriate, thus she had come here to plead her case, and hope that the higher ranks would smile upon them. She didn’t want to hide, she didn’t want to lie. It was not in her nature... that, and she was crazy about the warrior coyote. “I wanted to remind him how I feel about him...” she paused, studying the hybrid; she was unreadable, closed off from the ebony wolf. “I’m not supposed to feel like that. I’m a wolf, obviously... and this pack,” her eyes travelled over the landscape briefly, but hastily returned back toward the grey and red Centurion, “—this pack does not approve of my kind. I am purebred, thus I am not worthy to fall for the type of legend that Snake is. He is a beautiful soldier, and an amazing lover – and I apologise for my trespass of your land... I just,” Her eyes fell to the ground, a moment of weakness in her apparently calm, solid clarity, “—I just had to see him again, you know?”

Messages In This Thread