Highway to Hell, [P, J]
[html]

663 :o

The silver-shaded hybrid cocked her head to the side and smiled at the woman's comment. “Half of the leadership approves,” she said, tilting her head almost imperceptibly downward, trying to implicate herself as that half of the leadership without sounding cocky about it. For once in her life, the sable-shaded female did not want to appear arrogant. It was not that she lacked pride in her rank; she thought she fit this role rather well, far better than she did in the leadership seat of the clan. The sable-shaded woman spoke very highly of Snake, and she seemed to know him well—Kaena did not know Snake quite so well, but all she knew of him spoke the same thing verbatim. “I'll agree with most of that, but we all need our pleasures,” the scarred woman said, rolling her shoulders in a shrug. Maybe hers was senseless violence—her mind did not linger on the loner wolf she had killed some weeks ago in a fit of rage. That might have easily been Lucia—maybe. The fact that the loner did not haunt her was a telling sign—she had killed without reason, she had perpetrated violence without cause, and she did not even care.

“Well, clan life is different from pack life. I was never able to stand pack life, but Inferni's been my home for the better part of a decade now.” She had tried living in a pack once before—it had not ended well for anyone involved. After that, the wolves wouldn't take her—maybe they had smelled their compatriots' deaths on her fur. The hybrid woman cocked an ear toward the other canine, smiling in an almost awestruck way—how different were these attitudes from those she had encountered in the past? The hybrid woman remembered the looks she and Zarah had been given even amongst their own kind—but it had been years since then, and the silver-shaded hybrid had outlived her almost-lover by the better part of five years now. “They're dead, I think. Maybe not all of them, but they may as well be,” she commented, rolling a shoulder in a shrug. “Too old for love now, but you're young yet,” the coyote said, drawing on her cigarette and looking away. It hurt to dredge up these memories, but there was something in her that was broken; there was some part of her that could not be fixed, and the scarred woman knew this better than anyone know. Haku had smashed whatever part of her that was still capable of loving anything not family to bits.

“Doesn't matter though—I have my family and I have my clan. That is all the love I need,” she said. This was as undeniably truthful as that broken part of her, and this part of her ran far deeper than what even Haku could touch. The love for family burned in the scarred coyote, and even as she had writhed in pain many times in her life, that love had pieced her together again. The sable-shaded wolf seemed more than excited at the prospect of becoming one of the coyote clan. Kaena had already taken a liking to this wolf, despite her trespassing—given the circumstances, Kaena could almost see why. Young love was a desperate and passionate thing, and in an almost grandmotherly way the silver-shaded hybrid was willing to overlook it. “I would have to call Snake himself and my son, the Aquila of the clan. The final decision rests with him.” the hybrid said. She looked to Lucia once more for confirmation, and needed only to see the green-eyed woman's ecstasy at this new prospect before she threw her head to the sky and called out for Snake and Gabriel, beckoning them to come to her location. There was no particular urgency to her voice, but perhaps some spark of amusement in the high-pitched tones the hybrid threw to the sky would hurry them along.

<style>
.kae-begin .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.kae-begin p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.kae-begin b {color:#E9B52A; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.kae-begin {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://tbd.sleepyglow.net/kaena/ipb/kae_begin.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:180px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E9B52A; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C57622; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.kae-begin-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.kae-begin .separator{width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #E9B52A; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread