Highway to Hell, [P, J]
[html]

WC: 1118. ;D

It was beginning to darken; it was almost alarming how quickly time had passed by. Lucia had not take into account how long the two females had passed words, nor how long it had taken her to actually get here in the first place. She imagined that from the right spot, the sunset would look amazing – but whether that was true or not, she had other matters at hand. Ones that was much more important than one sunset. She was sure she’d see a thousand more yet. These thoughts faded quickly, Kaena’s voice breaking the silence. It was nice to feel relaxed again, especially around such a powerful authority figure as the older female. She seemed kind at heart, and that, in some ways, was what Lucia wanted to be… maybe in the future, she would be the one standing in Kaena’s place with the next generation; now that, was an interesting image.

Kaena’s words rattled aimlessly in Lucia’s head. It was hard to imagine a life without some sort of contact other than family – especially for Lucia, who in fact had no family. That had been crushed and buried in the dust a long time ago, and though it was no real fault of her own, she still blamed herself every once in a while. That was just how it was, and she did little to question it, or look into the matter further. Watching the older female carefully, she nodded with understanding at her words and laid a small smile across her lips.

“I think I understand,” she said simply, her tone reflecting a minor distaste of the idea – after all, what feeling was better than being loved by another in ways family couldn’t offer? Lucia couldn’t relate, but to her, the greatest sensation in the world was being underneath her lover and feeling the emotions and pleasure it gave her. There was nothing better than that to date, and she doubted there ever would be.

Shivering slightly, as though disturbed by the amount of deep thought she had put into the thought of family, Lucia quickly shifted her position – only just realising the dull pain in her legs from being in the same stance for a while; it was strange how much Kaena captivated her – she would be a great teacher, that was for sure. But whether she would learn from her in the future… well that was a different matter entirely. For now, she would listen – and that, hopefully, served its purpose good enough for her to be accepted into this clan. All she wanted was Snake, and it felt like her heart would snap in two if that was not given.

Speaking of the devil, Lucia’s auds perked up at the sound of the Centurion’s call. She had been so far gone in her head that the last sentence or two had drifted without sound through her brain. As her viridian coals scanned the horizon, searching silently for Snake, it came to her attention that she was nervous again. The anxiety came through her as though she had fallen into an icy lake; shivers made her muscles twitch, and her pulse raced through each vessel. She could feel her heart slamming against her ribcage, and in a strange way, it almost actually hurt.

Like a roll of thunder, or perhaps just a sleek demon in the dust, Gabriel came into sight. Lucia’s heart almost stopped – a remote wrinkle in her brain telling her that she had lied in their previous conversation some time ago. She had whispered of friendship, not a relationship. It was as though the black female would burst into tears – but she didn’t. She kept her cool; facially blank, but almost dying inside. Watching him come toward Kaena and herself, Lucia’s spine tenses almost nervously, but she just about managed to drop her stance as a mark of respect to the Aquila.

Visiting friends…
The words rolled off Gabriel’s tongue almost instantly. Lucia’s malachite orbs dropped, almost shamelessly. She couldn’t think of anything to say – it was strange really, the idea that she could get on fine with the mother, but the son almost caused her to have a panic attack right on the spot. Smiling weakly, not able to look up at the leader, she bit her tongue in an attempt to reply. Wincing, she inhaled deeply, and parted her maw. This time, the words flowed beautifully – calmly. But for the trained eye, it was clear – she was a train wreck.

“Oh, well… Snake and I… About that, we’re sort of together…”
She wanted the ground to open up and swallow her whole, but having got this far, she pushed herself to go the extra mile. Looking up at Gabriel as best she could, the ebony female spoke once more. “I’m sorry I didn’t go into detail when I met you before,” she apologised, “I just… didn’t want him getting into trouble.” She tipped her head, trying to read a reaction. Would he be angry? She wasn’t sure, but just as she thought she was getting a read on the male, another male crawled into her peripheral.

Snake, in all his beauty, strolled casually across the landscape toward the three of them. His expression seemed as blank as she remembered it, the first time she had ever asked him for a lighter. That was a good day, and as she reminisced, she almost forgot the reason she had came here in the first place. Shaking off the thoughts, she couldn’t help the Cheshire smile that stole her façade when Snake stopped by them. Her heart sank slightly when his over all body language seemed to discard their memories as rubbish, but in the back of her mind she prayed it was just a respect thing for Gabriel. Watching him intently, the fire back in her eyes, she couldn’t help but speak. Even though in her head, she guessed it was the Aquila’s time to talk, she had to say something, anything. She had missed him terribly, and she wanted to tell him that.

“Hi Snake,” she exhaled her words in almost one breath, excited and pent up like never before. Even the scar on her face seemed softer today. “It’s been a while. I’ve missed you…” And then silence. Lucia’s eyes dropped. Paranoia began its nasty tricks, swallowing each section of her mind and telling her things she hoped would not happen. Would Snake return her kindness? Would he have kept to their word of relationship? Or would he send her to the slaughter, and have her banned from the lands forever? Her heartbeat increased, as she waited – waited for her verdict, and wondered emotionlessly, would she die today.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread