Highway to Hell, [P, J]
[html]

WC: 586.

As each member of Inferni took turns to speak, Lucia felt like she could curl up and die. The anticipation was killing her slowly, tearing at her brain from the inside-out. If there was ever a good time for the ground to open up and swallow her that would be now. Trying to keep her face free from her emotions, she kept her eyes on Snake. The slightest glance from him seemed to calm her, and that seemed like a big sign that they were meant to happen. She had never felt this way about anyone, and she hoped that if anything, that was the vibe they were getting from her – not the nervous mild panic attack in which she was having deep beneath her skin.

Listening to Snake speak, she tried her best not to feel a little downhearted with his responses to Gabriel. Though he had stated he would care for her, he had not been open about how he actually felt about the ebony wolfess. Trying not to get too paranoid about it, Lucia tried to let it go over her head as though it was nothing but a soldier trying to keep good composure in front of his general, but she knew it would haunt her later – she would have to ask Snake about this later, if or when she got the chance.

“I know I could be a great help to Inferni,”
she finally piped up, trying not to sound too much like she was sucking up. She wanted to keep some of her dignity at least, but in the long haul, she was willing to do anything for Snake, and she hoped he knew it. “…I would be willing to go to the moon and back for him,” she added, nodding slightly toward Snake’s direction, “I won’t be any trouble, I promise!”

Her words trailed off. Now she sounded too desperate. It was best to quit whilst she was ahead, and try to not give the impression that she was a whiney, worthless wolf with little in the sense of dignity, and no independence. Watching Gabriel carefully, she tried again to read him, much like she had done in their last meeting, but he was blank, completely empty. What was he thinking? It worried her – she already knew Kaena’s thoughts, so she paid little mind to the possible expressions on the Centurion’s face – it was the Aquila that bothered her, he seemed so stern. Maybe one day she would find out why – but until then, she would assume in her mind, and leave it be.

Switching her gaze back to Snake, she then tried to read him. On the beach, it had been easy after a while – she wasn’t sure if that had been because of their situation, or because she had just been having a good day. Either way, it wasn’t working now. Was it the environment, or had Snake had a change of heart and failed to tell her about it? She could feel her worry building, and if someone didn’t speak soon, she was surely going to explode. Shifting uncomfortably in the silence, Lucia coughed quietly, as though subtly hinting to move things on a bit. This was torturing her – the wait, the anticipation. All she wanted was to nuzzle up to her lover for the night, and share the passion they had on their first time together – that was her happy place, and waiting for the permission to be there was surely beginning to crucify her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread