in the end we still pretend.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.everyme b {font-weight:bold; color:#745c97; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.everyme p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.everyme {width:375px;border:1px solid #4c708a;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... every1.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:135px;background-color:#6696bc;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#4c708a;}
</style>

wc: 462. omg, I am sorry for being made of fail! ;~; I promise I won't make you wait a month for a reply again, heh. D: Also, just fyi, I had Lucia come and tell him about Nani already, so she'd have an excuse to be in CD for the Cambria thread, lol. But I guess Harlowe wouldn't know that! o: /oocrambling

While the frequency of Ehno’s border patrols increased during times of idleness, he didn’t make it a habit to veer away from the packlands while going through his rounds. Lately, though, his thoughts had become heavy and worrisome again, and he was beginning to venture out farther past the borders in an attempt to distract himself. If today was any indication, this ceaseless adventuring of his was beginning to become a hobby of his once again. As the Marino man worked his way up through Cottontail Valley, a part of him urged himself to continue forward, and he obeyed it, slinking past the borders and into the northern forest without a second thought.

He strode forward on all fours, determined to find something real and concrete to focus on, rather than his thoughts and the flights of fancy his mind seemed intent to take with them. When he had learned of Naniko’s decision to leave the lands, he wasn’t sure what to think. He certainly wondered how his children felt about it, and told himself he would need to visit them within the next few days. Quite often his thoughts lingered on the possible reasons why she had up and left, and he became more worried the more he dwelled on it. Apparently she claimed a search for family was the reason, but the more time he spent thinking about it, the more he began to worry that she had fallen back to addiction again and had departed to hide that fact.

But such thoughts were for another time, and it was better that he start focusing on what was around him—like the hare he spotted up ahead, idle and unaware of his presence. Ehno slowed his pace and crouched lower to the ground, muscles already tensing in preparation for the chase. When the small creature inevitably turned its head and spotted him it began, the two of them launching into top speed. The Dreamer wolf darted after it through the trees, and he was nearly upon it when he caught a familiar and unexpected scent on the wind and faltered slightly, allowing the hare to veer to the right and escape his grasp. It was quick to seek shelter within its den beneath a grand tree and Ehno was simply left to lament over a lost meal, but by then he found himself more concerned about why his son appeared to be in the area.

He turned and followed the scent, his failed hunt already forgotten. Before long he stumbled upon the sight of his son rummaging through his pack. Ehno stopped short, amber gaze peering up at the boy. “Harlowe?” he called, confused to see the boy all the way out here, but happy to have found him nonetheless.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread