Hands to build a house; Hearts to build a home
300+
[html]

Alli said to skip Heath's turn since she is on vacation and so that puts Toliy next.

The idea of building a house was far more intimidating than the actual task of doing. It was not the first time Anann had over seen the construction of building but it was the first time that it was her own home. She hoped that there would be enough of them comfortable enough with an axe for them to be able to work on fitting opposite walls at the same time. It seemed it was her lucky day for the all seemed up to the task. Alright then, since the three of you think you can handle the axes I need two of you to team up to fit the logs of one set of walls, the third can help me. Liliya the only one seeming unsure where to help. Would you be comfortable helping Heath with the horses and the ropes? Anann could switch between jobs if the large stallions made her uncomfortable. If not I'm sure the guys might need a extra hand every now and then. She suggested, scratching at the back of her head. It might take a couple of logs, but I'm sure we'll all get the hang of it. It's pretty straight forward once you get it figured out.

Once everyone decided who was working with whom, Heath got the first logs pulled up the ramps. Though the walls were so low at the moment that it hardly seemed necessary to use the horses, but it would a long day and every little bit of work the wolves saved themselves now would pay off in the end. Anann worked on what would eventually be the front of her home. The wall been started solid for the first couple tiers Anann had already built up but now there was going to be a gap for the door and the wall would now be built with too shorter logs. Framing up the door as they built up the wall. The same would be done for windows in other locations higher up the walls. The back wall too had a gap, though it was for the fireplace she would build later. All the logs were roughly the correct length and their ends squared for tying together in the corners. Some excess length and some adjustments to get the logs to fit tightly together was all that should be needed. Once the newly added logs sat with no gap between it and the log under it, they moved to the wall to the right. The two teams still working on opposite walls. And so the process was repeated.

<style type="text/css">
.anann003 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fb5b6; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anann003ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c7dadb; text-align:right;}
.anann003 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.anann003 {margin:0 auto; width:347px; background-color:#000200; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ann003.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aebabb; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aebabb; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread