Tropical Trees with Dewey Leaves
[html]

http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_bottledrage.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 245px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;">

Rurik had served as an alpha once before in the Syemv pack. He was generally not one to complain about anything, but he had not enjoyed it. There was responsibility, there was pressure, there were problems—Rurik greatly enjoyed the social aspect of leadership, of course. It was a wonderful opportunity to meet others, but beyond that... he could have gone without the alphaship aspect. It was quite different on a boat; being a captain was far simpler. Perhaps Rurik was simply used to the sea and living on it, or maybe it was the smaller space. A ship was far smaller than the average pack's territory.

Rurik could only hope that Vigilante or Ruri would show up soon; he waited uncomfortably with the other canine, shifting from one foot to another. After a few moments of this he anxiously took out a hand-cigarette from the pack he kept in his pocket. He lit it absently, his blue eyes drifting to the sky to take note of the weather. It didn't seem as if it would rain right away, and he thought he might have time to finish his smoke before the water ruined it. Otherwise, he had nothing to do and little else to say—this meeting was awkward, to say the least, and it was exceedingly rare Rurik to feel such a way.

Within a few moments, however, salvation was apparent—the tawny-furred alpha made his way forth, and Rurik smiled in relief, his tail wagging. He took a few more short puffs from his cigarette and stubbed it out into the ground. The lack of a filter meant such an act was not littering—the natural paper and the tobacco would merely become one with the earth again. “Ah, Veegee,” the werewolf said, bowing his head toward the King. “Ve see so much of each ozher lately!” the werewolf declared, finding this to be a good thing, of course. He straightened up, wanting to get down to their business. “I... ah, uhm. Zhis newcomer, I find on territory,” he said uncomfortably. “She does not vant to talk to me much, but says vant to join, I zhink. Maybe you talk, you find out?” the werewolf said, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-bottledrage b{font-weight:bold; color:#BC2B26; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bottledrage em {color:#770501;font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; font-style:normal;}
.rurik-bottledrage p{text-indent:35px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread