Tropical Trees with Dewey Leaves
[html]

I am so sorry for the horrible wait on this. Like I said in my PM, a few things came up and I wasn't online much... 300+ words. WotD: quintessential.

Vigilante knew that Jacquez had not been the quintessential alpha male, and he also knew that he was not, either. Still, despite the fact that he was not the typical leader, he knew that he took a similar approach to trespassers as many leaders did. They were not appreciated. The King looked to Rurik, who nodded in response to the question, confirming that he had, in fact, found the girl so deep within the pack's territory. "The last girl to trespass was allowed to join, but as a Serf, the lowest ranked pack member, until she could prove that she deserved a higher rank." Of course, Gunner had disappeared long before she had been capable of moving up in the ranks. He would have been surprised to learn that she had stayed a few weeks, if even that. Truthfully, he did not know, and admittedly, he did not care. "If you are interested in joining, you will need to earn respect and trust, things not generally conveyed by trespassing."

The girl was young, but something bothered the caramel colored male a great deal. Rurik was one of the higher ranked members of the pack—not at the top, but certainly not anywhere near the bottom—and his title should suggest this. As far as he knew, this had never been a problem before. "Why would you not speak to Rurik before my arrival?" he inquired, probing for an answer from the girl. He did not like the idea that she was not interested in showing respect to anyone other than the leader, and that was how it seemed to be. Of course, it was entirely possible that he was mistaken, but he did not like the idea that she would not speak to anyone but the King, unless she could come up with a damn good reason.

<style>
.vigi-foryou b {color:#4E5E86; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread