Returning home
[html]
Welcome to a world where the air I breathe is mine \\:OOC

Word Count: 304. Worth 2 points.

IC:// Nothing to overwhelm me and nothing to cloud my mind

The quartet stood silently at the borders, gazing over the summer-lit grounds. Desi stared perhaps longer and harder than did her mother, but after all it had been shortly after the child had turned a month old when she and her mother had set off to her mother's original home in Dahlia de Mai. They'd fled from that pack in the midst of a war, and Desi had been four months old. And the mother and daughter had wandered, not knowing what had transpired in the pack, for another two months, till they came to where they were now. Désirée was a very important six months old now, old enough, her mother told her, to be Sedali instead of Ayule in their home.

This is it, my little darling. Hanna spoke for the first time in what seemed to Desi as a long time. Mother held daughter steady atop the paint mare Desi almost saw as a sister, while an almost ethereal tiger looked on. This is home, right, Mama? We don't have to go anywhere for a while, right? Hanna smiled at the child, and nodded. Settling the blue merle girl in front of her again, Hanna tilted her muzzle, and her alto and Desi's soprano rang out the news of their coming home. She hoped dearly that Dawali would come to greet her, but at the least he would know she was back until they could come see him again.

Galilahi made her way around the pieces of gate that had been removed for easier travel by the AniWayan tribe, her pace steady and slow, making no haste toward the interior of the territory. This was both to give Hanna time to think as well as to give whoever answered their call time enough to make it to their location.

<style type="text/css">
.susquehanna-a01 .ooc-head {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:10px; padding:3px}
.susquehanna-a01 .ooc-head b {color:#021F2B;}
.susquehanna-a01 .ic-head {font-weight:normal; text-align:right; font-size:10px; padding:3px}
.susquehanna-a01 .ic-head b {color:#021F2B;}
.susquehanna-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#2B4532; letter-spacing:1px; }
.susquehanna-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.susquehanna-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.susquehanna-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#252f4f; background-image:url(http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... dscopy.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#5e916d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread