this city, this city is haunted
[html]
         Inferni could never be his home again. He could never conform to their ways, no matter how many here he chose to love. Her tone was accusing despite the smile, but he couldn’t blame her. “I can’t live here. You know that. I will never belong, no matter how much I would try to pretend otherwise. I’m glad that you’ve found somewhere to belong though,” he said, genuine in his words. She had found a home—he wasn’t sure that he ever would. The lonely road would remain his destination until the end of time. It was his destiny. “I found Colibri,” he said, fiery eyes searching her’s, searching to see how she would react. Vitium had attempted to turn them all against her, but Jael could not hate her. He looked too much like her. He could never escape it. Out of all of them, the title Soul belonged the most to him.

Enigma could keep Vitium’s father’s name, while Halo—he remembered something that their mother had told him. He needed to tell his sister, so she could decide on her own who she was, and who she wanted to be. “She told me something that you should probably know,” he said, tentative in his approach. How could he say such a vulgar thing that elicited only sorrow and anger in his soul? Even now, he felt as though he should love and protect her. But he hadn’t been there—he couldn’t have, for the very action was what had conceived him. There would never be an honorable father for Jael to look up to, desiring to emulate. He’d been robbed of the simplest thing a boy desired, and took for granted much of the time.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread