The Darkest of Marks
[html]
ooc talk

Ascher peered only out from his paws to look up at the sky. It was cloudy and overcast and the little Stormbringer pup could smell rain faintly in the distance. No doubt, it would soon begin to shower. Ascher never encounted any problems with rain or thunderstorms or any of the occurences it brought; he actually found it calm and refreshing, as if it washed away all the Earth's troubles. But the thought of being stranded alone in the midsts of a storm made him shiver again and cower deeper into the pile of sand he was currently lying in.

Soon, a few drops of rain began to bounce off Ascher's head. He mustered up the courage to stand up, to get away from there and continue looking for a warm, dry place to stay, if not home itself. The puppy inhaled and a scent caught his nose - a very familiar scent. Although slightly masked by the approaching thunderstorm, it was a scent that he knew he'd never forget. His family. A puppy, who appeared about his age, emerged into the clearing soon after he came to his realization.

Gideon.

Ascher was face-to-face with his long lost brother. He felt a twinge in his heart, a feeling that had seemed so foriegn to him in the past month ever since Mama had fallen asleep and his siblings had seemingly disappeared. He didn't know what to call it (happiness? hope? love?) but it reminded the Stormbringer pup of the warm nights he used to spend cuddled up with Mama and his brothers and sister. When Giddy spoke, Ascher could feel the corners of his mouth twisting up in a smile. "Brafur! It me, it me! I is Ascher! No, no dweam!"

As soon as the words escaped his lips, however, an another wolf surfaced. She seated herself next to Gideon, placing a hand on his head. Ascher felt himself sink deeper into the sand, terrified of the stranger. He wanted to be alone with Giddy, not with this woman. Ascher felt as if he deserved; he hadn't seen his brother for months and now when he finally did, he couldn't do it alone. "Who wu? Who wu?" He blinked his piercing silver eyes at the woman, millions of thoughts running through his head. Ascher was careful not to bombard her with questions, however, and sat tight, his muzzle buried beneath his front paws.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread