to find a mockingbird.
389. No worries! I took my time replying, too~ :< I like taking the time to get them for this thread, since it's pretty emotionally-heavy. :O (Also, Alaine and Tayui are so cuuute~)
[html]

Tayui was jolted out of her reverie when Alaine spoke again. Although she had only drifted off for a moment, it did not make the change in pace any less surprising. When Tayui found a rut to dig herself into, she stayed there and took up residence quite quickly. When she had first arrived in Bleeding Souls, she had dug so many holes and buried herself so deep within her own self-pity that it had taken some time and the assistance from many kind friends to help her re-emerge from the dark and dirt. It seemed as though Alaine would be another one of those friends who would prevent her from sinking into a lacuna of anger and solitude. She was thankful for this, and tried to reflect this by paying sharp attention.

She nodded encouragingly as Alaine described her son. She smiled softly when Alaine mentioned he was now a big boy, sort of like what Claudius was. Big in body, but so very fragile in the mind – he was so delicate, perhaps from her coddling. Perhaps not, but she knew a small word could send him sobbing since his feelings were hurt easily, the poor boy. Just like Alaine’s son, too, it seemed. As Alaine continued speaking, Tayui realized how her thoughts coincided with Alaine’s words. She chuckled, wondering if it would be appropriate to mention Claudius now.

Her smile disappeared when Alain mentioned a fight. Tayui nodded solemnly, now thinking of Attila, with whom she had spoken many times about his behaviour. He was a good kid, just bored of the status quo and the constancy of tribe life. She didn’t really blame him, either – it was just how he was. And again, Alaine spoke of similar things: her son wanted adventure, like Attila had. And like Tayui, Alaine knew where her home was, but could not help but wonder if home was with your family, not your den.

“He sounds like my sons – Claudius is so shy and Attila is so vivacious. It’s always a struggle to figure out where my duty lies. In the end, it’s with your family, or just those you love. What’s your son’s name? Maybe I’ll see him one day.” She wanted to give Alaine the same kind of hope she had given Tayui – it was a fair, just trade.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread