to find a mockingbird.
[html]
table © Jacoby <3
sneaking on a friend's internet to post this ;D i love tayui/al! <3 wc: 300+

It was a relief to see the other woman paying attention, to feel the calm weight of her conscience listening, really listening, to what Alaine had to say. It was not often that the collie woman spoke, and when she did, it was not often that she was heard - not unless she was filling the role of the healer, the pack Apothecary, in which her rank preceded her soft and lyrical voice. It was a little unsettling, perhaps, to know that her words were actually having a plausible effect on another Luperci; What if she said the wrong thing? Would the ivory she-wolf condemn her?

At the end of her small description of Caillen, the nymph-figured lady peered up at her taller companion, grateful for the other's thoughtful expression. When she spoke, Alaine hearkened, smiling wistfully at the likeness of her son to this Claudius fellow. It seemed that she and the strange she-wolf had more in common than sights would reveal. The small gem of wisdom momentarily caught her whimsy, and the healer digested it in silence for a moment, feeling her heart ache with the tearing of twin burdens. There was no other at Cour des Miracles to take over her place, should she leave, and she had come to know many of the occupants there as close allies, some as friends. The thought of leaving them to their own blustering attempts at her profession was enough to make the collie lady visibly cringe. She couldn't do that, because Tayui was right - They, too, had become her family. And it was probable that they needed her more than her son did, or ever would again.

It was a hard thought, but an immense weight seemed to lift from the slender girlish shoulders of Alaine, and she straightened with a settled look gracing her maw.

"I would much appreciate it, mistress. Caillen... Caillen is my son." And she smiled, emerald eyes darting from the meandering forest path before them back to the woman, their depths shimmering with gratitude. Struck by a thought, she stopped - One ivory hand gripped the other's arm, before instantly falling away from habitual lack of contact with those she deemed of a higher status. Gaze lowered humbly. "I ask, Lady, if you might see him, if you would give him this message for me... If you would, tell him the golden dragon and I, we wait for him. And if you would, tell him that I love him." The strange message momentarily cast the shadows of worry about her pixie features.

Alaine Speaks

<style type="text/css">
.alaineblue b {font-weight:normal; color:#7eacb7; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.alaineblueooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.alaineblue p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.alaineblue {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#0e6d84; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... abblue.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 390px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread