We've failed to be what we hoped
[html]

She leaned against the wall as Lucifer spoke, immediately realizing she would not have time to shift into her Lupus form without appearing rude. Instead, she nodded and gazed down at the other from her higher vantage point, listening intently. She frowned when Lucifer stumbled, pausing after issue. Her frown deepened as he confessed her obsession, becoming more alarmed as he continued. His words were unsettling at the very least, and although Tayui wished she could say it was none of her business, Deuce's instability now concerned another clan. It was unfortunate that the one she had promised to do all in her power had gone and made it more difficult for her to do so, frowning for a moment as she mulled over the male's words, considering the possibilities.

She remained silent for a few moments, recalling her meeting with Kaena. She was fairly certain that Fatin and Phasma had met with the new ruler of the long beaches, but could not recall what had transpired in either of their meetings. She did know from Spade that the coyotes had seen fit to attack Syemv and get 'their' land 'back.' She did not know if they had given the wolf pack a chance to leave, but they saw it as an intrusion on their boards. If the coyote had attacked Deuce, while she had a knife no less, it was likely that the coyote either saw the knife or a breech of borders as a threat. "Lucifer, I told Deuce this, but I suppose I will have to say the same to you. Coyotes uphold their claim on their borders even more strongly than we do, and delight in slaying those who cross it. If the beach you were on was one claimed by coyotes, they would have attacked. With Deuce handling a knife, it would serve her as another claw should she attack them. I mentioned to Deuce about speaking to the leader of the coyotes, but she did not receive my suggestion well. Now might be a good time." She paused, frowning. "Lucifer, I don't know what this might start, or have started, but... were you on claimed coyote land?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread