forget modern nature, this is how it's meant to be
[html]

*nods* what Shaw said

Moonfyre appeared he might pursue the topic of this lacrosse thing further, but then seemed to think better of it and said nothing more. It was just as well that way. Nayati had no idea that the humans had played this game and given it a different name. It wasn't like he had scavenged the game equipment from some abandoned human dwelling. The tribe had made it for themselves, and as far as he was aware, had come up with the game themselves as well. He'd never bothered looking into the origins of it. Nothing about AniWaya was derived from the "popular" group of humans that came to mind when the word was used. The Utina held nothing but contempt for the extinct race that had so badly misused the planet and their knowledge.

The experienced tribesman stood quietly back as the two newer members did their best to toss and catch the ball with the game sticks. Their attempts were clumsy, and not always successful, but he hadn't expected anything more. After her first failed attempt, he could tell Liliana was a little embarrassed, but he yelled out encouragement for her. "Of course you need practice. Trust me, I didn't get it the first time I played either. You will get the hang of it with time." There wasn't any more instruction that he could give that he hadn't already. It was a thing that needed to be learned by doing, not by telling.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread