i'm exposed
[html]

fading out!

He thought instantly of Addison, as might be expected of him. Jefferson had never heard of nor met this child named Lotus, though he assumed the mystery boy to be as pleasant as his adoptive mother, but the cyclops knew the situation to be identical to what he had gone through as well. "My daughter, Addison..." he started, but hesitated and trailed off. "She had parents in California, I still don't know how she ended up here, but nobody came for her. I raised her myself... she was in Dahlia for some time, but disappeared after the war. I don't know where the hell she is right now." Such words were spoken with mild animosity, the brute clearly impatient with himself for losing track of the girl. She was not exactly the most innocent of children, and Jefferson could only wonder if she'd decided to wander back to her homeland now that she was of age and capable. Would he even see her again? His stomach twisted at the thought.

The ranch house came into view shortly thereafter. He did not answer her immediately, as he instead wondered what answers were even appropriate. The cyclops knew quite well he would never endure pregnancy or fully come to understanding it—he had never known Pripyat to be alive, nor did he know of Geneva's pregnancy until after she'd miscarried most of the litter—and thus not even he truly knew the trials of childbearing from the eyes of a lover. "Geneva's miscarriage was not due to stress," he said flatly, glowing eye held forward. "She tipped off a cliff. She endangered them, being up there in the first place. You're not stupid, Ember. You're a warrior; what's even mildly dangerous for you is lethal for the little shits. You need to take it easy. Dawali will understand."

He led her inside, down the dark hallway, over the creaking floorboards and into a quiet room in the corner of the house. It would make for a safe, temporary reprieve for the woman until the morning. "We'll worry about him and AniWaya and the anklebiters in the morning. For now, you need to rest. Got it?" He helped her onto the bed, then straightened up. His eye flashed. "You'll be fine here. Get some rest."

The cyclops closed the door behind him solemnly and paused there, releasing a long and heaving breath. Where was Addison? Pripyat was safe, but he was the only child Jefferson knew to be—Heath forged a life for himself in a neighboring pack while the other two morte dre Soul siblings, like Addison, wandered the wilderness somewhere. As he moved down the creaking hallway, his head pounded and muscles ached. Perhaps he needed just needed to rest as well.

<style>
.jefferson p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefferson b {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.jefferson {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#e9dccb; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #88653a; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#9c7341; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... table2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:195px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread