You'll be the brightest star in the black
[html]
I've never done shrooms, so I have no idea how someone under their influence feels or acts! Whoo!

Positively overjoyed that she had decided to talk to him, Kansas quietly listened to his sister. A frown creased his lips and brow with her telling of a man she had once been mated to. The name, Khaden, sounded familiar, but the Sadira boy was too scatterbrained at the moment, and also too intent on Ember, to take any second to place it. Ember's second attempt at mateship had apparently ended sourly, too. He silently hoped that the men she had mentioned had not hurt her, emotionally or otherwise — although there was nothing Kansas could do about it now. He tried to reiterate to himself his current uselessness in his sisters love life, content to imagine pummeling the two unknown wolves instead.

Ember was on the same page as her brother with her uncertainty about their father. Kansas periodically tried to sort through his feelings about Phoenix, but he never did more than go in circles. He admired the mysterious brute, but at the same time resented him for his surplus of pride and self-importance. Phoenix had also abandoned him at a critical point in his life, and Kansas continued to hold this against his father though circumstances had been out of the patriarch's control. I don't blame you, Kansas told her, shaking his head gently. I never named any of my children after him, other than my oldest son. He had done this of tradition more than honor, and he regretted it. With a pause, Kansas looked to the ground. The confusion had ignited again, and now it was growing. I shouldn't have brought this up, he admitted. I... eh, don't know what to think, either, except that... he irritates me.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread