Beginning Anew [J]
[html]

I don't mind at all. I like this thread!

The happiness blooming in her dark face caused the male’s smiling expression to widen as well. This was what this was all about; to be able to give happiness to others. He wished happiness for his members, wished for them to find a home where they could live a life well worth living. He hoped the woman would grow as fond of this place as he was. He had been born here, son of the pack’s second in command. In truth, the young Soul male hoped that he would live the rest of his days here. The demon had been exiled and he knew that at one point his father would have to answer to someone. He would not be able to run from justice forever. Dahlia was a place of peace now, and even in the blackened ruins where the flames had eaten the lands, there was green mending the coal wounds.

Naturally, the male stiffened as the female made yet another unexpected move. She embraced him, wrapped her arms around his caramel coated form. For a moment he was touched by this impulsive act of happiness. Her voice sounded gentle in his sensitive ears, and he relaxed slightly; serenity returning to his features. Her fur hid the blush from his lavender gaze, but her audible response to her own bravery was granted a sly grin from the male. ”That’s okay.” She did not strike him as the average wolf. In fact, much about this meeting was strange, but she seemed to be a soft and sincere soul, and he adored her for that.

She seemed a touch surprised at his rank, but he did not ponder why that was. To him, his position was not all that. Some considered the leader to be an individual of power and importance, but he liked to see it from a different perspective. He was merely here to serve Dahlia de Mai to the best of his ability. Nothing more. Her next question was not unexpected, at least. Did she wonder about his extreme youth? The woman was older than he was, and he knew that in this position, his age was not favourable. Yet he did his best. No one could expect more, really. ”Three months, give or take,” he answered truthfully, thinking back at the end of the war. There had been so much tragedy in these lands back then. Already it seemed another lifetime.

It was not a happy tale, but perhaps it was best that she heard this from him anyway. ”My father was the Alpha before me. He was.. a cruel, broken wolf with little good left in him. He brought war and death to our lands, and someone had to stop him.” The young Soul male had not really investigated the consequences of his rebellious act until he had suddenly stood left with Dahlia’s invisible crown resting on his head. Haku Soul had been forcefully demoted and thrown out, and the soul to replace him was his own son. Lavender eyes sought out her sky blue orbs, and he found that the losses that the pack had experienced back then still filled his soul with sorrow.

”What about you, Layla? What is your story?” He wanted to know this woman.

Table by Veronica
[/html]

Messages In This Thread