Beginning Anew [J]
[html]

It's pretty Big Grin

It was not hard to detect the reaction in the woman as he told his little tale. It was a fitting response, because it had been nothing less but a nightmare to most of the members. Cruel souls had been drawn to his father’s command, and the pack had known strength in numbers and sacrifices as the war rolled on and stained both lands crimson with blood. Such a waste. All those lives sacrificed—and for what? Conor continued to fail to see his father’s point of view in this matter. Some men just want to see the world burn, and he thought his sire was one of them. No one knew the full story, but it was Haku Soul that had started the conflict—started both the wars that went under the names the Dahlian wars. It disgraced the pack’s name, but the hour before sunset was always the darkest one. Change had come to Dahlia, and Haku could no longer use the pack to carry out his cruel acts for him.

Yet, once, Conor believed that Haku too had been a man—not always the cruel monster. ”My father had a darkness in him. It swallowed him in the end, I think.” Only true evil could do what Haku Soul had done. The thought of his blue eyed sire brought forth a bitter taste. It was a small wonder that Conor and his brother had not turned out worse. The young alpha strived to be all that his father was not. ”Several of us, in fact,” the male answered with tragedy apparent in his serene tones. ”So many lost their lives in this pointless war and another was lost when my father was confronted with his crimes. Because of me, a good Dahlian died that day.” He remembered how Haku’s fangs and claws had torn at the member. Eyes closed for a moment and the horrid scene replayed in his mind. He hoped that Semyon had not given up his life for nothing. To wallow in guilt did no good either way, and so Conor liked to think that the sacrifice had led to something better. Haku was gone and would never come back.

She spoke about her life in short sentences, but her words filled him in with the basics. It explained that she was most comfortable with her bipedal form. Other packs put more weight on the two legged form, but Dahlia cherished both. He hoped this could be a place for her to find peace. ”Perhaps it was time,” he agreed, looking at her as they wandered deeper into the shadowed lands of Dahlia. ”I was born in these lands. With time I hope you will be able to see this place as I do.” Right now this was a foreign world to the woman. Some chose not to open their eyes to see what the lands had to offer. He hoped the dark woman could create a life here. Then again, they were all different and people sometimes left in pursuit of something better. Dahlia was all Conor had to offer, but for some souls, this was enough.

Table by Veronica
[/html]

Messages In This Thread