On the prowl
[html]

WC: 598.
Not my best, but I tried...

Everything looked the same as it had done those many moons ago. This was where Lucia had been accepted into the Inferni clan on the basis of her relationship, which was not a problem, but it was lonely being the only one; the only ‘outsider’. Scanning malachite eyes over the horizon, they ate up the cracks in the concrete, the dust clouds which whipped up randomly due to some pathetic breeze which taunted and teases, whilst the sweat clung to her body. There were still little in the ways of plant life, which in turn, meant little shade – however, a little further down the road would be an old gas station. She would be thankful for the shelter.

On two legs, Lucia cautiously edged toward the abandoned store. Her ebony fur dragged the rays of the sun into her skin, beads of sweat slipping through the pores of her skin, and her eyes desperate for water. Though she doubted such a luxury would be present at this hour, in this heat, she could but pray – and as such, could feel herself salivating over the thought of cool, clean water. Watching her surroundings closely, it felt like she was not alone – like somebody had been watching her, maybe even following her. It was a strange sensation; and even though she was part of a clan now, even her status claimed she was nothing but an outsider – and that, in its own way, could sign her death sentence. She wasn’t a hybrid or a pure coyote – she was pure wolf, and that, for some, really pissed them off.

Trying to shake off the feeling, Lucia finally managed to reach the shade of the gas station. Glancing up at the sign, she managed to just catch the words ‘Rockbuster’s last Gas’ before the glare of the sun became too much for her ivy coals. Grimacing slightly at the momentary inability to see, the ebony canine muttered inaudibly under her breath and prepared herself to sit by one of the pumps – this seemed all too familiar. She half expected Kaena to stroll out from the shadows and greet her, like some twisted time warp – but it wasn’t possible, and Lucia knew that all too well. Sometimes she wondered if she had made the right decision, but only time would tell.

Lost in her thoughts, Lucia suddenly then caught herself still walking along the dusty turf, and before her brain could register where or what she was doing, she entered the building through a half-beaten door, which creaked as it hung off its hinges. Shivering slightly, the sensation of something or someone still watching her creeping back into her system, she carefully looked around. A little uneasy, the obsidian female licked her lips as though one of those quirky security traits, and parted her maw to speak.

“Hello? Is someone there? I’m not a threat… I swear…”

Auds perked atop her crown, her face curled into a nervous smile – creases on her one scarred eye; she was a beautiful creature, but not many saw her that way. They saw her as a monster, a fraud; after all, being a wolf in a mainly coyote clan, it was bound to cause some problems. But, at least as an upside to her misery, the dark female had her lover – and they shared the same terrain. The thought made her pain go away, made her nerves become steel, and as such, she shouted a final time into the apparently abandoned gas station.

“Is there anyone around right now? My name’s Lucia! I’m part of this clan…”

<style type="text/css">
.lucia b {font-weight:bold; color:#91ba5a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.lucia .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#808000; padding-top:325px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.lucia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #5c7628}
.lucia {margin:0 auto; width:363px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... l/lcpt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread