Dress Up In You
[html]

(478) HI UM THIS IS LIKE, NOT THE BIGGEST BUTTDRAGGY WAIT EVER. Sad(((((( I'm so sorry, wowwww. Please feel free to hit me in the face. D:

Such turns of phrase were not generally recognized by Harlowe, who simply did not pay attention often enough to others mannerisms and phrasing to determine that multiple canines used the same expressions or variants thereof; he thought such a thing was a unique compliment given to him. Thankfully, Harlowe was spared the awkwardness of this by his companion's social grace and perhaps even compassion. He was glad there was no implication of being better; they were both on equal ground, as neither were native Dahlians. Did such a thing even matter? Harlowe was not certain; he had not been here long enough to determine their customs, and he had not bothered to learn Phoenix Valley's. He was regretting this immensely, and the tawny-furred boy wished he had a better grasp on what it meant to be in a pack. “I like it, too. It is very nice,” Harlowe said, though if pressed, he would not have been able to determine exactly what it was about the pack that he liked. Perhaps it was that no one bothered him; his sisters and everyone else were elsewhere, and he was the one to seek Larkspur, not the other way around.

“My sisters live in Phoenix Valley, and my father and more family than I know both live in Crimson Dreams. My Mother left, though,” he said. There was a hint of genuine sadness in his voice as he spoke of his mother, and his ears turned back, dropping half-mast. “Do you miss your parents?” he asked hesitantly, unsure if it was right for him to miss mother. His sisters hadn't seemed so bothered, but maybe they were just trying to look tough for him. “I met Conor. He accepted me,” the canine said. There wasn't any hint of pride or feelings about Conor either way expressed in his tone; the chocolate-dipped boy knew he owed it to the Alpha for accepting him in the first place, but he did not know whether or not to like Conor. Larkspur hadn't really spoken of his pack or these packmates, and so Harlowe withheld judgment.

The youth smiled in recognition of this notion in Nayru. “Yes,” he agreed. “It does get so crowded so quickly,” the youth added. Though he had been on his own for some time in the cave before leaving Phoenix Valley, the months spent with his sisters before that were fresh on his mind. He did not truly recall the weeks of isolation he had spent in the Valley pack, though he knew all too well what had happened at the end of it. “I live outside of Berwick. There are some good houses, and lots of plants,” he added, thinking of the natural overgrowth that had spilled over parts of the houses. Some were swallowed entirely by nature, as in many places these days, but others still stood.

Table thanks to Fae!
<style type="text/css">
.faecredits { text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; }
.ocean-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#984b07; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ocean-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ocean-a01 p {text-indent:10px; padding:0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ocean-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#1f0e06; background-image:url(http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/856/souls31copy.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #efa21d; padding: 10px 0px 280px 0px; font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#bb7a40; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread