EXAMPLE JOINING: In Character
[html]
Joining Behavior
  1. Sometimes, leaders will want to discuss your characters' previous pack history. It's a way to get to know your character a little better and understand where they are coming from. In this case, Chikkun has never lived in a pack before, so the leader knows to help Chikkun adjust to the rank system and introduce him to the different jobs in the pack. The leaders aren't looking for your character's life story in most instances; a few sentences will suffice for this kind of answer. You don't need to go into extreme detail answering this question.
[/html]

The gray yearling’s nose twitched in response to the promising words of the wolf before him, and he felt a wave of thrill creep up his spine. He had not been certain if such common skills as his were appreciated if the pack was large. Most wolves knew the art of hunting well, and so he knew that he did not have anything unique and original to offer. An anticipating smile appeared on the nervous loner’s lips, but he tried not to openly show it. This looked promising. If he could assist the pack with fishing then he would be useful from day one.

The next question came as a surprise, and yet another small whine escaped the submissive form of the gray wolf. ”I have no pack, sir.” he said, stating the obvious. He quickly modified his answer. ”My parents were a pair of lone wolves and I lived with them until recently. Two moons ago we decided to separate, since I'm an adult now.” Chikkun’s eyes flickered with unease, but he was determined to keep his gaze on the ground. He had not wished to live a loner’s life, and he thought it was only fair that he set out to find a life of his own now when he was no longer a puppy.

Messages In This Thread