Sandy tracks
[html]

WC: 853.

Her smile was greeted warmly, Lucia glad that her compliment had been well received. It had come to her attention that even though she was speaking quite openly, she was yet to disclose her name. That, though not a terribly bad thing, irritated the ebony female – she had been so wrapped up in the sights of another wolf, hybrid or not, that she had forgotten to introduce herself. Waiting for some sort of response from her ranting, Lucia momentarily faded back into the abyss, lost in thought. She pondered on the ideas of what being in a proper pack meant, the idea of being able to climb ranks and see eye-to-eye with the other members. She didn’t have that luxury with Inferni – as far as most were concerned, she was the scum of the earth, and the only reason they put up with her was the orders from the top. She had Kaena and Gabriel to thank for that small blessing, and one day, perhaps, she would show her gratitude. For now, however, she would simply keep her head down and play it by ear – after all, at least the management had insured she wouldn’t lose any body parts for the time being.

Allowing herself to softly re-enter the situation, Lucia tilted her head slightly. There was softness in the voice of this hybrid, which from a glance did not appear hybrid at all – merely a wolf, just like her. She supposed that Liliana got that a lot – and whether she greeted the mistakes warmly, or not, well… Lucia would cease to apologise. It would be yet another compliment, and she hoped that Liliana saw it that way too. “Love is a difficult thing,” Lucia responded quietly, some hidden lick of discomfort in her voice. Lucia knew what it felt like to be burned, thus the idea of someone finding love on purpose (she had stumbled upon it accidentally, she would never search for such things) made her anxious. Though not the most considerate, nor the nicest, Lucia tried to uphold a semi-decent image of herself, and she supposed that by giving this hybrid advice, it would uphold such things. “It sneaks up on you, when you least expect it – and sometimes it comes at the worst times. It is hard to deal with at times, and causes excessive amounts of stress.” She paused, curious to see if anything she was saying sunk into the smaller female’s mind, it was good advice, she thought – thus, why wouldn’t the tanned female listen to her. “The upsides though,” a smile crawled over her ebony lips, malachite eyes dancing at the thought of all her good times with Snake; there were very few, but they brought joy to her heart nonetheless. “The upsides make the world a much brighter place. The happiness that enters your heart is deadly – it can drown your senses, and make everything feel like a dream. It’s like one big acid trip, and trust me, it’s more addictive than any drug I can possibly think of.”

Her words trailed to a halt. She thought it best to stop her rant, as to not sound so preachy. It was not Lucia’s style, but ever since her encounter with Snake’s stalker, Daisuke, Lucia’s world had been turned upside down. She considered, momentarily, to let Liliana know of the dangers involved, mostly on the subject of Daisuke, but passed on the idea. It was better left in the dust, for only Lucia to face – it was her biggest demon to date, but she would beat it, one way or another – she couldn’t afford not to.

“Yes,”
the ebony princess finally added – having heard Liliana’s statement on opinions, there was clearly some relation to her situation somewhere. Nobody responded like that – it was always one or the other. It was strange meeting someone so indifferent about her situation, but she assumed it was down to her heritage. After all, a hybrid formed from wolf and dog, it could not have gone down too well either. The idea of hatred for the mixing of breeds angered her, but deep down, she could relate. She was from a proud race, and their beliefs stemmed back centuries ago. “You are very right. I do generally only take note of my own thoughts, but sometimes the thoughts of others is a curious thing, you know?” She smiled weakly, trying to keep a semi-upbeat aura around the two. She did not feel like lingering in her depression today, it had haunted her for too long already. “Anyway,” a quick change of subject, a chance to chase away the dark clouds which lingered not too far away from the topics of their conversation, “I believe I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Lucia Cabriel,” she paused, watching Liliana carefully, trying to read her body language, trying to sum her up in a word. It was a bad habit, but it served her well from time to time. It made faces easier to remember and names easier to store away.

“So what sort of things you do then? Bar horse riding, obviously…”

<style type="text/css">
.l b {font-weight:bold; color:#91ba5a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.l .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#808000; padding-top:250px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.l p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #5c7628}
.l {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... iel/lt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread