The past is much more present
[html]

300+

Moonfyre reacted to Nayati's instinctual defenses with his own, growling and hackles rising. As recognition dawned on him though, he did not hold the reaction against the other male. It was only instinct that lead him to that, just as his own defensive aggression had been. It was not something that either of them could control and so there was no hard feelings to be had, especially since no harm had been done to either one of them. "There is nothing to be forgiven, I too was acting on instinct. I must say, I am a little more on edge than I normally would be. This place is strange to me, and gives me an ill feeling," he said by explanation of his over-hasty blade drawing. The hunter easily slipped the knife back into its sheath. "You did? What did you find?" He was very curious to learn what valuables Moonfyre had found in this dead place.

He hadn't expected his fellow tribesman to have overheard his musings on the strange clear, hard barrier that filled the window that they stood in front of, but clearly he had. Moonfyre even had more information about the strange phenomenon. Glass, it was called? And it was breakable? Why would humans fill their windows with something that could be broken? It seemed so very odd to him. "Really?" he said, more as a statement then an actual question. How to break it though, without risking harm? Then his eye spied upon a rock. The Utina picked it up, and then motioned for Iye and Onawa to step away from the window. Nothing in this physical realm could harm his Spirit Guide, but it was a courtesy to her.

Once they were both out of the way, he threw the rock at the window and a shattering sound filled the air around them as sharp pieces of that glass scattered everywhere. Nayati had covered his face at the sound, but now he looked to see jagged pieces still at the edges of the window, but the rest gone. Carefully he picked his way forward and pulled the dreamcatcher from where it hung. His pale gaze studied it again, more carefully. "I have been wanting a dreamcatcher. I never expected to find one in a place such as this." It was all white, save for the brown feathers that adorned it.

<style type="text/css">
.nayatiwebdew b {font-weight:bold; color:#8FABCB; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayatiwebdew-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:right; }
.nayatiwebdew p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayatiwebdew {margin:0 auto; width:396px; background-color:#FFFBD7; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... webdew.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7B5A2E; padding: 190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#B1AD87; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread