The World As We Know It
[html]
You can see her whenever it rains

From Rome to New Orleans dancing on the graves
___ Curiosity was a fickle creature, sometimes a cruel mistress, and other times a tempting seductress. Many times, however, curiosity led one along an interesting path, or perhaps, off it completely and into the woods. When curiosity got the best of someone, it was when they had travelled too far into the forest and could not find their way back. Tayui, however, had never encountered this problem, as living in a pack that was based on a heavily forested mountain gave her a slight advantage. Indeed, her own curiosity had allowed her to learn and grow, and had led her to the human city. It was there that she had found one of her true passions: reading.
___ It seemed as though Kieran, too, was tempted by the promise of newfound knowledge, for he was here for the same reason she was. She smiled at the thought, and nodded slowly as the other spoke. She allowed for a pause between his words and her own as she thought them over. "That would be most appreciated, Kieran. I've just started my search, and you're welcome to join me." Her smile widened slightly, and she gestured with a paw toward the inside of the building. She turned around, and started in, checking over her shoulder to see that Kieran was following her. The first matter of business would be a quick search of the building to be sure there was nothing nasty lurking in one of the rooms. She had encountered some rather vicious creatures the last time she had gone exploring, for all the scents and smells seemed to meld together as one. The first humans who had lived here, the animals that had taken over, Syemv, and the more recent humans made it a jumble of scents, and it was difficult to tell a stale scent from a more recent one sometimes.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread